Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bewildering? You know Emerson was dual registered until June right? We would have had to pay both Barca and Betis for him

Not really transfer window only opened in June and international transfers only this month so we'd only to pay barca.

Last season we would have, before the 2nd June we would have, then Barca bought his outright contract for €9m. I doubt they will sell on just yet. That’s a bit of over complication when we can just go direct to a Norwich for Aarons or PSV for Dumfries

Theyre skint they'd sell anyone this year. Would prefer Emerson hes a Cafu, Dani Alves type pace and power, would be cheaper than Aarons who i like too, both better defensively than Dumfries.

But to be clear, barça paid 6M€ for the first 50% of Emerson, then 9M€ this summer. 15M€ total. If they want to sell him this summer, 50% of the total fee goes to Betis. So just to break even in real terms they would want 30M€ to sell him. From an accounting perspective, its a bit lower... but still.

That 50% to Betis goes down to 20% in January, so it makes no sense for either the buying club or Barcelona to sell this summer.

@NeilA1878... If they want to sell him this summer, 50% of the total fee goes to Betis. So just to break even in real terms they would want 30M€... didnt know that-that makes big difference.

@Zatara

This is why no club has moved for precious Emerson

Still thats less than £26m... If we had money any were considering £35m for Aarons id rather have Emerson. Either 1 gets rb sorted for the next 10 years.

The deal was supposed to be either:

A: Barca pay €9mil to fully own him
B: Barca dont pay and he belongs to Betis
C: Both clubs agree to sell and split 50/50.

Now hes owned by Barca, Betis take 20% of any profit over the total sale price.

@NeilA1878 not sure where you got 50/50 after Barca paid Betis?

Essentially dropping Ben Godfrey for Zouma - Not for me

Plus, we are not allowed to spend any money and we have AT LEAST three positions that require more urgent attention
Godfrey at right back/mid ...he can do that. With Coleman his understudy. Back five Godfrey Keane Zouma Mina Digne then Doucoure Allan A.N. Other then Rodriguez behind Richarlison and DCL, with choice of pacy wingers to come on later in game. This management stuff is easy !!

Godfrey at right back/mid ...he can do that. With Coleman his understudy. Back five Godfrey Keane Zouma Mina Digne then Doucoure Allan A.N. Other then Rodriguez behind Richarlison and DCL, with choice of pacy wingers to come on later in game. This management stuff is easy !!
Would never work having big slow CB’s as your wide defenders in a 3. That’s why teams that do it have full backs as one off the wide CB’s . They need to be comfortable getting dragged out to the flank.
Walker city/England. Azpilicueta Chelsea, Davies Spurs.

I don’t see us playing 3 at the back. If we did I think Digne could do a good job as the left sided one. I’m not sure Digne suits wing back. You need to have speed to get up and down and a bit of dynamism.

With our best players. Whats the matter, no kids?

1: Godfrey is best as a CB
2: Youve got Keane in defence
3: Zouma is playing

None of Mina, Keane or Zouma is especially a ball player.

Of those centre backs only Mina would bring it forward and with only Allan / Doucoure in front theres no one to ping the ball around...ANother is the 12th man i guess.

If it was me...and were limited on signings plus were playing 3 at the back then id sign Max Aarons at RWB play Mina, Godfrey and sign a left footer for CB.

Would never work having big slow CB’s as your wide defenders in a 3. That’s why teams that do it have full backs as one off the wide CB’s . They need to be comfortable getting dragged out to the flank.
Walker city/England. Azpilicueta Chelsea, Davies Spurs.

I don’t see us playing 3 at the back. If we did I think Digne could do a good job as the left sided one. I’m not sure Digne suits wing back. You need to have speed to get up and down and a bit of dynamism.

In that setup digne would need to play LCB or we would need to sign a ball player there with pace.

Arsenal looking to shift Bellerin seems a bit weird, but he's definitely someone I'd take (assuming he doesn't have some sort of chronic injury issue).

I see he's also got a clothing line out with H&M, so him and DCL would get along swimmingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.