Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the amount of subs used in both Florida games, it is clear that Benitez wants a look at all the players before spending money. Iwobi aside, I wonder what other players he will have realised are just not up to it.

?? it's a preseason game with a lot of the first team missing. Everyone gets a run out for fitness
3 players missing - all of whom are starters anyway.

They get their fitness from training hard every day, not from 45 minutes of football.

. Benitez is looking at them individually in these games to see how they perform.

Hold on.

As far as im aware, Camavinga, Antony, Kamara, Badiashile, Tchouameni, Bailey, Aarons, Emerson, Guimaraes, Gravenberch, Cherki and even Bellingham and Moriba are still at their clubs ?

However you feel about the chances of us attracting them, they havent moved elsewhere and the top sides havent signed any of them yet.

If we have the money and the owner claims "we should be challenging at the top of the league" then we should be approaching these players.

Ive named 13 of them above. There may be 5 or 10 or even 12 of them who turn us down and we get one of them.

On the other hand perhaps they see us as an opportunity to get into the premier league at a decent sized club as a starter. Use us as a stepping stone to showcase their talents before a massive move...

If no one else comes in for them, or they arent seeing a chance of regular games then we may have a chance.

No one has said we will easily get those players.

you must have more time on your hands than i don’t know what mate.

Pickford, Mina, Richarlison , DCL

Preseason games are for match fitness and conditioning. It's to try to get some intensity in their legs for when the season starts.
OK,mate

So he is not looking at how they perform before deciding what areas need strengthening.... he is giving them all 45 minutes each to get fit, not bothering to train for the other 3-4 weeks....

I agree about the actual match fitness/conditioning, I am just saying, it looks like he wants to have a look at them all BEFORE deciding what area need improving

Last edited:
Hold on.

As far as im aware, Camavinga, Antony, Kamara, Badiashile, Tchouameni, Bailey, Aarons, Emerson, Guimaraes, Gravenberch, Cherki and even Bellingham and Moriba are still at their clubs ?

However you feel about the chances of us attracting them, they havent moved elsewhere and the top sides havent signed any of them yet.

If we have the money and the owner claims "we should be challenging at the top of the league" then we should be approaching these players.

Ive named 13 of them above. There may be 5 or 10 or even 12 of them who turn us down and we get one of them.

On the other hand perhaps they see us as an opportunity to get into the premier league at a decent sized club as a starter. Use us as a stepping stone to showcase their talents before a massive move...

If no one else comes in for them, or they arent seeing a chance of regular games then we may have a chance.

No one has said we will easily get those players.

Zat, mate. we are in no position to sign any of those players, except maybe Aarons - part of it is down to our current reputation and the other part is most of them are going to be expensive gambles, like Kean (who am sure would have been in that list and look how he has turned out). Cherki has just turned 17, the fee to get him would be huge and he would not exactly be first team ready in my opinion no matter how talented the boy might be.

We should be taking a punt on younger hungry talent, but we are not in the market for any of them.

Every signing is a risk, you never know how they'll settle regardless of how good they where at other clubs, but younger talent who would expect to use us as a stepping stone who wouldn't be ready, I can't see us going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.