Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the owners have the end goal of selling. It's far more likely that they want to grow the club to be a valuable asset that can be used as such. There's a lot of ego involved in club ownership these days. They want the club to succeed.
I'm not a Rafael fan and I think there's validity to the theory that he could steady the ship after the likes of Walsh and Koeman. If that's the case, then great, at least there's a plan that's more than throw gobs of cash at it and see what happens.
I just hope he keeps some fun players and doesn't suck the life out of the club in the process.
Time will tell mate.

We havent finished buying or selling players, mate. Let us wait until we have before guessing what the chairman wants for the club.

I have no doubt the board really want to be successful, but their actions in recruitment are not good enough, and haven't been good enough for several years. You can't expect to sign mediocre players repeatedly and compete for trophies.

Am I just being wildly optimistic or you lot wildly pessimistic?

I guess we will find out
It's the performances, they've been [Poor language removed] for a long time. No one who watched us play should be surprised at the results end of the season. Top 7 is well clear unless there are major injuries.

Let's be honest, there were several games where the players put in an unacceptable lack of commitment.

This squad were the problem, and even though Ancelotti ditched us and left us in a bad position, this squad are still the problem.
Wait. So our excellent away form was Carlo’s doing and the horrendous home form was the squad’s? Sweet deal for Carlo…

My mate big Dave down the pub told me we won't be signing any more players ever again

ITK

_JEWP1.gif

Happy with Benny Brands spending the dosh?
I'm not

I don't get why Brands was kept on but he's still here sadly. Gray and Townsend look to be Benitez signings so might be a case of them signing so many players each.

If Dumfries gets over the line then obviously thats a Brands signing as he was after him before Benitez was even appointed.

If we can bring in a RB, RW of good quality and pace and a CM/CB on loan with maybe Mina + Gomes/Delph potentially off in sales/loans to balance the books then its a good window overall.

Dont see how James fits the Benitez system though and personally think him and Allan together there is little pace in the midfield which is a consistent problem at the club.

I don't get why Brands was kept on but he's still here sadly. Gray and Townsend look to be Benitez signings so might be a case of them signing so many players each.

If Dumfries gets over the line then obviously thats a Brands signing as he was after him before Benitez was even appointed.

If we can bring in a RB, RW of good quality and pace and a CM/CB on loan with maybe Mina potentially off to balance the books then its a good window overall.

Dont see how James fits the Benitez system though and personally think him and Allan togethet there is little pace in the midfield which is a consistent problem at the club.
Basically you can tell which players you like by whether or not you give Brands credit.

It's the performances, they've been [Poor language removed] for a long time. No one who watched us play should be surprised at the results end of the season. Top 7 is well clear unless there are major injuries.
Been awful for years really. A few new players and manager.....who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.