Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Bernard has 12 months left on his deal, barely plays and we desperately want rid. We're not really in a position to be asking for more.

Not arguing the point just saying you thinking Liverpool getting £5m for a 23-year old that's played a few pro seasons now is comparable at all.
Who’s also probably on small wages and that’s what it boils down too. Im
Sure Liverpool thought they may get 20mil for both origi and shaqiri. But they both will be on big money and aren’t getting any younger.

We’ve saved 7mil and replaced him with a 25yr old on probably half the money who cost 1.5 mil. And is unlikely to do any worse. Probably will have a better chance of getting money back on gray in 2 years, because he’s English

Again, I understand the concept of amortisation. Again, I don't get what you are saying. If we did a deal for say €5m, then what we would receive now is likely going to be considerably more than £700-800 k. Even if they paid the £700k all upfront.

Again, I don't get why you are taking issue with that?! It's all cashflow. We ain't actually poor!

"We ain't actually poor!"

Yet you're crying because Liverpool got a few more quid for a young player than we did for Bernard. Stay consistent bro.

Why are you so concerned about them, when you so confidently assert we don’t have any cash? Both can’t be true mate.

Proper Wham Hour from you, this.
Again, people here just piling in. What a surprise. If we manage to gain some funds from outgoings by the end, I don't want to spend it on useless players.

Is that simple enough for you to understand or do you want a diagram?

"Al Sharjah, one of the UAE teams, signed a 2+1 year contract with the 28-year-old Brazilian player Bernard from Everton for a transfer fee of 1 million euros. Bernard will earn an annual salary of 6 million euros."

Marcel working his magic again. Liverpool managed to sell a young striker last week, who has never played a professional game, for £6.5 million. We get about £700k for an established player. Madness.
Just want him gone. Wages off the books, anything above that is a bonus.

"We ain't actually poor!"

Yet you're crying because Liverpool got a few more quid for a young player than we did for Bernard. Stay consistent bro.
Mate. How many times are you going to make me repeat myself. It is cashflow. Everything we get in this year is important in order for us to improve the squad.

You are just chosing to be an arse and argue with everything I am saying. It is not inconsistency. If you don't like it, ignore it.

Right, but using “we really need extra cash so we can sign boss players” isn’t the stellar negotiating tactic you seem to think it is.

Just because we WANTED him to be worth more it doesn’t make it so.

As for your fixation with Liverpool: there is a perception, as was once the case with Man Utd, that everyone that rolls off the LFC conveyor belt is a talent. They’re also invariably English or British at least which comes with its own premium as we know. They are starting out their careers so clubs are often paying for what they perceive as potential. With Bernard clubs were looking at a player clearly not wanted by his club (hard for us to drive up the price based on that alone) whose talents have either waned massively or were just not cut out for the PL, either way it’s a big question mark for any buyer. He also had one year left and was on well north of £100k a week. The Big Six’s DoFs all sellotaped together couldn’t have got more for him.
Again it is not Bernard in isolation. That is the problem.

There are enough people on here who have complained about our inability to shift players and bring in fees. Don't know why you lot have decided to kick off about it to be honest. I've voiced my opinion and you've gone mad about it, like I'm soiling my bills or something. I am unhappy with how we are run and am voicing it on an Everton forum. A place to vent such things is the purpose of a forum.

You obviously ain't bothered. That's fine. I am. Why don't you take a walk instead fella?

I'm also concerned about these Harry Winks links. Are these accurate? I see some on Twitter are quoting Romano, but I can't see it in his time-line.

I have noticed that the quality of player we are sniffing around has absolutely nose-dived since Benitez was appointed. Which is exactly what I feared.
I’d be very surprised if anything is in that, especially for 25mil nobody is paying that for him. I’d be gutted if we got him on loan. Do you remember his cameo in tge 5-4 cup game. My god what a shocking performance. Another week as piss midfielder who is average at everything, is the last thing we need.

There were links with him 6months ago so I don’t think it has anything to do with Rafael. Funny how we’ve been linked with Lingard and winks in 24hrs. You need to see what is happening here. Agents and clubs thinking, Everton are a sucker for our cast offs. If this happened then I’d want brands and Rafael sacked instantly

So if a manager wins us the FA Cup but gets us relegated, you'd deem him our best manager in 3 decades?
We are not getting relegated, we were chasing top six for most of last season, we have employed a manager that has one more trophies apart from CA and even that is close.
We have added players so far with only Bernard gone so far.
We don't know yet which players will leave or stay but it looks from the names mentioned that most of those who are leaving will not impact on the quality of the squad.

RB knows how to win trophies, ironically he even knows what a relegation fight is all about, albeit only coming in for the tail end of a season.

Winning a trophy is a possibility, relegation won't happen, it wouldn't happen with CA and won't happen with RB

Mate. How many times are you going to make me repeat myself. It is cashflow. Everything we get in this year is important in order for us to improve the squad.

You are just chosing to be an arse and argue with everything I am saying. It is not inconsistency. If you don't like it, ignore it.
Cashflow is not just about bringing money in. Making savings on large wages means money is freed up to be used elsewhere. No one was gonna touch Bernard on the wages he was on if they had to pay a fee as well. Same way we probably wouldn't have got James Rodriguez if they'd wanted a transfer fee on top of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.