Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We desperately need pace and directness injecting into this team and Gray will provide that off the bench.

West Ham last season weren't great but had pacey options - Lingard, Behrama, Bowen, Lanzini. None great but just enough to have options off the bench to get in behind a tiring defence.

We still desperately need a top class RW and I'll be disappointed if either Iwobi or Townsend are starting games this season but as squad players they are better than what we have.
Pace and directness. Gray and Rondon.

If it’s combined with massive investment in the playing side. Lots of clubs have built new stadiums and gone backwards though.

At some point we have to balance the books mate. We can kick and scream all we like but we've pished hundreds of millions up the wall in recent years and there was always going to come 1-2 summers of balancing the books.

Last summer and this one I imagine will be reduced expenditure. Next summer we will likely have a bigger pot to spend particularly with the USM naming rights being in pay as the stadium work begins, big earners off the books etc.

When arsenal built a new stadium they went stagnant, my worries are we might go down the same road ,but they were in a better position with players they had and soforth, if we did that trap door lurks with some of the squad we have, hopefully this is not the case ,especially if is mate is involved if you know what I mean.

If you’re committed to being nice and acknowledging I’m the most successful ITK in this thread then I have the names of the next three players Everton will sign in the next 10 days. I need that guarantee of commitment first though.

If you can promise me it's an old keeper and 2 contraversial cheap wingers then it's a deal

It has the potential to be a deal akin to Peinaar/Arteta when they came here at a similar age, having shown promise as younger players but really fallen by the wayside a bit.

It's nice to potentially be the club that revitalises their career, as opposed to the one who ruins it though.

I'd also say, Gray does a lot of what we struggled with as a team. He is very very good at carrying the ball, quick, direct etc. His end product, particularly his finishing is poor and he is a liability defensively, but he will get us up the pitch.
That’s an awful, awful comparison

Can just about fathom the logic of one-year deals for Begovic and Townsend as backup with no financial outlay re: transfer fees & signing bonuses.
But then spending actual legal tender on Demarai Gray as well on a potential three-year deal is a very questionable one.
What's next - Anthony Gardner back on a short-term deal?

Townsend really is RB's man. Got to be on a one year deal and to prove he deserves another. Has to be back up it's deeply underwhelming mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.