Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the addition of gray and Townsend doesn't fill me with confidence i can understand why they're being brought in costing very little and doing the same jobs as hopefully two players that are on mega wages. Lets face it can they actually be any worse than bernard and iwobi? I'd say it was impossible to be worse.

He is gash. He reduces the collective quality of the squad. Ridiculous signing for a team whose ambitions appear to be sneaking into the top 10 with a bit of luck. How can you have James Rodriguez playing in the same side as Andros Townsend. Come on.
We won't. Townsend is James' replacement.

I’m not buying into this narrative it’s all Walsh & Koeman, not saying they are totally blameless before you start. They had people above them a CEO, a board , collective responsibility.

It can’t half be tedious to see this stuff going on and see others not even mentioned whatsoever. Once again the fans take the brunt for others arrogance.

Contrary to what nearly everyone seems to believe , we are not skint. We have owners who are willing to spend , but we do have problems with FFP.
It amounts to the same thing unless there is some creative accounting.
Anyway, there is some benefit to us in terms of attitude to being skint. Our big spending had been largely poor. It may force us to evaluate potential signings more carefully.

hardly worse than the dross we already have on big wages. until FFP is destroyed (which could happen next season) we have to be smarter with money. the Gylfis, Klaasens and Iwobis can no longer be our modus operandi.

Reactions: Ger

He is gash. He reduces the collective quality of the squad. Ridiculous signing for a team whose ambitions appear to be sneaking into the top 10 with a bit of luck. How can you have James Rodriguez playing in the same side as Andros Townsend. Come on.

Well our ambitions will be to improve on 59 points, which is normally top 7. If he's that bad, he just won't play.

However we have had James play with Jonjo Kenny last season. In the last 5 years I've watched Martina, Williams, Niasse. I'm old enough to have seen Brett Angel, Claus Thomson, Hottiger, Tony Thomas (to be honest that 98 team was hideous and Gareth Farrelly aside from that goal was awful). I've seen poor players. From the bits I've seen of Townsend he is better than that.

Should we be signing better? Yes Probably. Is he going to decline at 30? Yes probably. I just can't get that worked up though, that Townsend, on a 2 year deal, on probably 40-50k p/w is that bad. Obviously everyone has a different view though.

Obviously underwhelming but don't mind adding a couple of basically free options to the squad who I can't imagine will be on high wages. Our bench was a joke at times last season.

If this is the precedent going forward though and every signing we make is like this then I'd be worrying. Until then just see how it all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.