Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about profit. You’re probably one one them fans shouting we need to sign young players with sell on value, then kick off when we sell DCL this summer, you can’t have it both ways.

Who says he isn’t suited, I would say he’s had some great games for us in his first season. yes he missed 3 months and the constant injuries and systems didn’t help anyone. Benitez had him at Napoli, hopefully he will know how to get the best out of him.
Resale value isn't everything but just ignoring the finances isn't it either

I mentioned the following players leaving -

Nkonkou- on loan
Mina
James
Richarlison - also said Rafael would ideally like to keep him if he can.

I said Kean would be staying.

I mentioned Coutinho coming in on a loan to buy option if we sell James.

Hudson-Odoi, Perez on a loan to buy, ASM being looked at if we sell Richarlison.

I said a week ago that Koulibaly had name dropped Rafael as a highly influential manager for his career and that he would be a defender we could look at signing. I then mention earlier that he is being touted at 35 million.

I also said a deal was in place for Nunes and its up to Rafael to sign off on it and he should be our first signing.
Not the Leicester one I hope?!

There is some credibility in this

Please post that Michael 'The Oaf' Keane is leaving...

Barry played 33 league games in gana’s first season.
gana was 26 and cost 7mil. Had he cost us 30mil I think there would have been a lot more fans shrugging their shoulders. Good cheap signing we made a profit on, but nothing special as a signing or player.

His stats were incredible as a relegated player. I posted about them before that time but admittedly also posted that i wanted a better player.

As opposed to Allan who is 30, cost £20m, is unsuited to the Premier League, always injured and we don’t have a hope of making a profit on.

He had one injury?

If we spend 7m on another player that PSG want for 30m we should probably be pleased.

indeed.

Why didn't you tell the forum then...

They posted what was on the net -- same as you usually do.

I said he likes him.

This is frightening.

I would be surprised if he joins us in the US.

surprised if James is in US -- with all the marketing?

This unfortunately plans do change and thats why I am reluctant to share anything most the time, I have a good source and some of it ties in with what you say theoneandonly but only some of it.

Post away...alot of us appreciate it.

Also please ask your source to pass the message on to sell Michael 'The Oaf' Keane'.

-- any idea why they signed Iwobi ?

Who cares about profit. You’re probably one one them fans shouting we need to sign young players with sell on value, then kick off when we sell DCL this summer, you can’t have it both ways.

Who says he isn’t suited, I would say he’s had some great games for us in his first season. yes he missed 3 months and the constant injuries and systems didn’t help anyone. Benitez had him at Napoli, hopefully he will know how to get the best out of him.

Allan joined Napoli as Benitez left...

Anyone you want us to sign?

You do realise plans can change don't you?

They might want one player, but he might fancy a move elsewhere. He might get a better offer elsewhere or we might find a player that represents better value for money.

You might go to your local Spar shop to get a few tinnies and come out with a packet of doughnuts to eat on your way home. Plans change.

But let me guess, the plans will only have changed when you have said something wrong? Some coincidence that.

Maybe you need to attach that disclaimer when your passing off your alleged intel?

So, there are broadly two points of view:

1. Sign younger players who, even if they eventually aren't good enough, will realise something in the transfer market to partially offset the original investment, while if they turn out excellent but want to leave, will realise a profit that can be invested in other players. Older players who retire with us mean the entire purchase price has gone up in smoke.

2. Better to sign a proven player, whose investment will be realised in terms of better results, than a 'maybe' younger player who turns out to be unworthy of Accrington, and contributes nothing.

As ever, decisions between these two possibilities will be made by us because of emotion and gut feeling, rather than cold logic. If there's any 'rational' course, it will depend perhaps on the faith we have in the purchase decision maker.

Uncomfortably aware that, after substantial amounts of text, I appear to have said nothing. :(

But let me guess, the plans will only have changed when you have said something wrong? Some coincidence that.

Maybe you need to attach that disclaimer when your passing off your alleged intel?

I will admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong 2 years ago when I was adamant Rafael would be our next manager, but I was right when I said Carlo was a very lazy manager.

Please post that Michael 'The Oaf' Keane is leaving...

His stats were incredible as a relegated player. I posted about them before that time but admittedly also posted that i wanted a better player.

He had one injury?

indeed.

They posted what was on the net -- same as you usually do.

This is frightening.

surprised if James is in US -- with all the marketing?

Post away...alot of us appreciate it.

Also please ask your source to pass the message on to sell Michael 'The Oaf' Keane'.

-- any idea why they signed Iwobi ?

Allan joined Napoli as Benitez left...

Anyone you want us to sign?
No news on Michael Keane leaving yet unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.