Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben White is excellent and will be in the England set up for years. Believe we will sell Holgate who is gash @ForeverBlue92 totally agree. Also believe Mina will move on, great CB but never fit.

so leaving Keane, for when we park the bus, Godfrey to play alongside White for the next 10 Years and Braithwaite as back up

If not sure about Ben White talk to Leeds fans over him, they will have a fappfest

Yeah I think it was rumored that Mina wanted a move to Italy or Spain during last season, then possibly Holgate out as well. I think unfortunately we would only raise about £25m - £30m in selling those 2, so signing a player for £50m is still a good chunk of the budget gone, if we are sticking to FFP. I'm not saying Ben white is not a good player, I just think we need to strengthen in other areas before CB.

Just a question on White mate, why is he not ahead of Mings in the cue for England? The price seems huge for him, like for us to make any money on him (if we wanted to he would probably have to go in to go onto be VVD levels of good, or at a worst case Maguire levels of good. Would people put him in the bracket?

You are right to say as well it's probably the last priority for the team currently. Mina is our best CB is we can keep him fit and I have a feeling Benitez will like Michael a lot (quite similar to Carragher/Hypia), Godfrey is very good and while Holgate has been written off, he's the age Benitez tends to like players in that range.

If we were splashing 50m on a CB I would expect some spending splurge.
If we're even considering White we'd need a healthy offset on one of our existing centre halves and the best way to do that would be a swap eg 20-25m and Holgate or Keane. It might help Brighton to get a ready-made replacement onboard too.

It's not football manager mate. Cos a player is 30 doesn't mean he's done.

Didnt say he was done, Koulibaly would cost more than 30 million, probably want around 120k per week

It was supposed to be Brands mission to bring in players we could buy and make money on. Not unknowns, but lesser known at the right price, he doesn’t fall in any bracket.

Nothing to do with football manager, more of a COD myself, just getting back to the pre Anchelotti influence.

If we’re spending 50 mill on a player I’d hope it would be an attacking one. We have Calvert who has plenty of bad spells, richarlison that last season looked half the player he was. Other than that our options are iwobi, Bernard and sig with Rodriguez most likely being off. Could have the best defence in the world and we’d still finish mid table at best with them options.

rebuilding the terrible squad we have is going to take 3-4 transfer windows, absolute must we need a first team RB, CDM/CM, wingers and a backup forward. Hoping we focus on them first then rebuild elsewhere.
Don’t disagree at all, but re highlighted/bold bit - the problem at Everton is we’ve all been saying exactly that for the last 5-6 transfer windows, and it just never seems to happen! Probably down to various managers continuously bringing in more absolute dross each time their name gets changed on the office door!

If we're even considering White we'd need a healthy offset on one of our existing centre halves and the best way to do that would be a swap eg 20-25m and Holgate or Keane. It might help Brighton to get a ready-made replacement onboard too.
Don't see what they would gain from that, doubt either Holgate or Keane are the type of player they would be after

I agree he can be wasteful. In an ideal world, I'd have him in addition to Calvert lewin. It all depends on our formation and style of play under the new manager. If we play the same as we did under ancelotti, Calvert lewin is at the mercy of our other players. That's why his goals tailed off the second half of the season.

Martial can play across the front 3 and can run at players. It's something we don't have in the team (richarlison is similar but he blows hot and coldand seems to be permanently played on the left of the 3).

That's exactly what Martial does, especially when he's not played in his favoured central position. I've already admitted that his figures look reasonable but there's a large section of United fans who want him gone for his inconsistency and lack of effort when United are up against it. Just imagine how he'd fair with us.

If the white rumours are true it could be a sign that we are prepared to give the finger to ffp and go for it this summer. As I'm pretty sure centre back is not one of our priorities and I'm certain we will still be signing a first eleven winger and cm and right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.