Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to disagree it was Carlo who wanted Allan and James.
The whole thing is so messy. Obviously Carlo added his input on those but Brands does the deals and he did it so he ultimately is responsible. But what I don't understand is why Brands would be so eager to go along with this plan if he's supposed to be here long term building up the club. Clearly James and Allan are not long term plays. And if Carlo as a manager doesn't want to do long term things why would Brands bring him in to manage to start? Well the answer might be he didn't and Moshiri decided again that he wanted to hire the manager. Which defeats the purpose of having a DOF to an extent. And that makes it a mess.

Sorry for going stream of consciousness there, but I just think the club is so directionless and that was the best way for me to show my work.

The whole thing is so messy. Obviously Carlo added his input on those but Brands does the deals and he did it so he ultimately is responsible. But what I don't understand is why Brands would be so eager to go along with this plan if he's supposed to be here long term building up the club. Clearly James and Allan are not long term plays. And if Carlo as a manager doesn't want to do long term things why would Brands bring him in to manage to start? Well the answer might be he didn't and Moshiri decided again that he wanted to hire the manager. Which defeats the purpose of having a DOF to an extent. And that makes it a mess.

Sorry for going stream of consciousness there, but I just think the club is so directionless and that was the best way for me to show my work.
That's like the Coutinho talk though, some stories suggesting that this is to do with Kia Joorabchin (Moshiri's best mate) which means it's coming from Mosh and i don't know how much i like the idea of him pushing players on any manager regardless of who it is.

I think the plan was to bring in younger players in and build up the team over 4/5years With a young coach. But with the failure of Silva and ancelotti becoming available, everything changed for Moshiri, he obviously seen it as too good a chance to turn down.

I still think we will buy young players Nkounku & Brathwaite, Two examples and the youth team seems to be changing, With more younger players, playing for the 23’s.

but we will also buy the the older ones to. I’m quite happy with that philosophy. We will struggle to attract the best players at the perfect age 24 to 27. Until we start having success and getting champions league. So buying the likes of Allan, James. Maybe next season Aguero, Coutinho, Koulibaly. Is really the only way we can’t attract that quality. Witt only a year or two left at top level.

Leicester. Have regularly used 2x 34yr olds, 1x 33yr old and a 31yr old, this season And it hasn’t done them much harm.

I think the plan was to bring in younger players in and build up the team over 4/5years With a young coach. But with the failure of Silva and ancelotti becoming available, everything changed for Moshiri, he obviously seen it as too good a chance to turn down.

I still think we will buy young players Nkounku & Brathwaite, Two examples and the youth team seems to be changing, With more younger players, playing for the 23’s.

but we will also buy the the older ones to. I’m quite happy with that philosophy. We will struggle to attract the best players at the perfect age 24 to 27. Until we start having success and getting champions league. So buying the likes of Allan, James. Maybe next season Aguero, Coutinho, Koulibaly. Is really the only way we can’t attract that quality. Witt only a year or two left at top level.

Leicester. Have regularly used 2x 34yr olds, 1x 33yr old and a 31yr old. And it haven’t done them much harm.
Yes but it isn't like they signed Vardy or Schmeichel at 29. I wouldn't suggest selling Digne for example if he was still good just because he turned 30.

Only Evans is really older and signed old. And those can be valuable like James is for us.

The problem with being the retirement home team is that at some point you might start getting the players who run out of time quicker than they can be turned over. I think that is really what is wrong with Palace right now for example.

Sign young and accent it with the older players when the right deals become available. Aguero, Coutinho and 50m for Koulibaly are not the right deals.

Yes but it isn't like they signed Vardy or Schmeichel at 29. I wouldn't suggest selling Digne for example if he was still good just because he turned 30.

Only Evans is really older and signed old. And those can be valuable like James is for us.

The problem with being the retirement home team is that at some point you might start getting the players who run out of time quicker than they can be turned over. I think that is really what is wrong with Palace right now for example.

Sign young and accent it with the older players when the right deals become available. Aguero, Coutinho and 50m for Koulibaly are not the right deals.
You name me 3 who are the right deals/players then. Basically them 3 have at some point in their careers. In the top 5 in the world in their positions.

And I doubt Koulibaly would cost 50mil. I’m not staying we will sign them 3 player. Was just naming older class players who have been linked

I think its cos Carlo and Brands don't think players are finished at 29 like you do.

You name me 3 who are the right deals/players then. Basically them 3 have at some point in their careers. In the top 5 in the world in their positions.

And I doubt Koulibaly would cost 50mil. I’m not staying we will sign them 3 player. Was just naming older class players who have been linked
I don't know that there are 3 good deals to make on guys 30+

Allan and James are feeling pretty finished!

One can't play 5 games in a row and the other is getting outplayed by no marks more or less weekly.
So you think buying Hamez was wrong?

I mean that doesn't tie into everything you have said before now, but sure, feel free to change your opinion to suit an agenda.

So you think buying Hamez was wrong?

I mean that doesn't tie into everything you have said before now, but sure, feel free to change your opinion to suit an agenda.
No I'm fine with signing a player as good as him on a free. That's the kind of deal for a player his age even if the injuries might prevent it from working all the way. Allan? I'm less good.

No I'm fine with signing a player as good as him on a free. That's the kind of deal for a player his age even if the injuries might prevent it from working all the way. Allan? I'm less good.
I remember people telling me he was 1 of the best in the world when in Italy, he got chased yesterday by Douglas Luiz, who is a terrible player.

But he was very good earlier on, I'm giving him a pass and blaming fatigue and an adjustment period needed.

He was only 20m tho, nothing money in this climate.

I remember people telling me he was 1 of the best in the world when in Italy, he got chased yesterday by Douglas Luiz, who is a terrible player.

But he was very good earlier on, I'm giving him a pass and blaming fatigue and an adjustment period needed.

He was only 20m tho, nothing money in this climate.

Luiz is a good player tbf. Villa keep recruiting quite well in that deeper midfield position.

Allan I'm still on the fence with. At least he's not a midfielder who can be questioned for effort. Discipline is a different story. He can be very erratic.

Status
Not open for further replies.