Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be everything we don't want.

Slow, small, with no power or pace and very inconsistent.

I mean I like him, but think he would be a bad signing for us and other than 1 or 2 Blammos a season wouldn't really give us anything we need.

Again, I'm not saying hes a bad player, I'm just not sure hes what we need.
Gomes or Delph or Neves? I agree we need a powerful /creative midfielder too but Neves is a good player. Anyway as I say doubt he comes here.

Not convinced about his footballing ability yet but Gbamin can clearly run. If he can pull off a Holgate or Davies level of improvement over the next 6 months we'd save some millions.

Here's a shopping list based on names mentioned in the last dozen pages...

RB: Aarons (Norwich)
RW / RM / AM: Olise (Reading)
LW / CF: Neto (Wolves)

I reckon £80m gets all three of them.

Wages are mostly covered by Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott all leaving this summer (all out of contract).

Generate some incoming funds by selling Bernard, Delph, Kenny and Tosun for around £5m each (and free up over £220k p/w wages in the process).

If there are decent bids for Gomes and Kean, sell them.

Just leaves me looking for a world-class CM....

There’s more on another transfer rumour claiming that Everton are interested in a move for the Napoli goalkeeper Alex Meret in the summer.

Everton are linked with so many Napoli players that you might be forgiven for thinking the Serie A outfit are basically just a farm club for the Toffees!

Besiktas don’t want to sign Everton forward Cenk Tosun on a permanent basis this summer, according to a report from Turkey.

The 29-year old striker re-joined the Black Eagles in January on a loan deal until the end of the season after falling down the pecking order at Goodison Park.

logo

Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison had been preferred to Tosun up front for the Toffees, while Josh King was brought in during the winter transfer window.
https://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/static/uploads/6/2020/01/rsz_gettyimages-1189587672.jpg
With Tosun not set to be included in Carlo Ancelotti’s plans at Everton next season, the club had hoped that Besiktas would look to re-sign the Turkey international on a permanent deal.
However Fotomac claim that Besiktas haven’t been left impressed, with the Turkish Super Lig outfit set to turn their attention to Dynamo Kiev forward Gerson Rodrigues instead.

Tosun’s contract with Everton is set to expire in the summer of 2022, so the Blues will be desperate to shift him this summer to try and recoup some of the £27millionthey paid for him.

Here's a shopping list based on names mentioned in the last dozen pages...

RB: Aarons (Norwich)
RW / RM / AM: Olise (Reading)
LW / CF: Neto (Wolves)

I reckon £80m gets all three of them.

Wages are mostly covered by Besic, Bolasie, Pennington and Walcott all leaving this summer (all out of contract).

Generate some incoming funds by selling Bernard, Delph, Kenny and Tosun for around £5m each (and free up over £220k p/w wages in the process).

If there are decent bids for Gomes and Kean, sell them.

Just leaves me looking for a world-class CM....
I wouid look to sell iwobi too. And we wouid need another attacker, Centre mid and GK.

I would sell Mina if we could get 25mil abs buy a better CB.

I think we need 7, but that’s dependant on a few outs. The rumour was 2/3 but that didn’t include Olsen & king, who id imagine will not be kept on, so that’s 4/5 minimum fingers crossed. And at least 3 starters

There’s more on another transfer rumour claiming that Everton are interested in a move for the Napoli goalkeeper Alex Meret in the summer.

Everton are linked with so many Napoli players that you might be forgiven for thinking the Serie A outfit are basically just a farm club for the Toffees!
Makes a change from buying all of Man U duds

We’ve got the basic blueprint for what we want/need sat in our first eleven. For me, the first thing you need is commitment to fight for everything, then strength and pace, then above avaerage ability with the ball. If you have 5-6 of that ‘mould’ in The team then you can add your ‘special players’ to create and score goals.
That blueprint is Ben Godfrey....Young, hungry, athletic, committed and has tasted the pain of relegation which can be more character building than winning it.

Got a mate who is a wolves fan who said Neto is the only one he would be gutted to lose. He said Neves scores worldies so is massively overrated as games can pass him by. As for Traore he said he has the footballing brain of a 5 year old and a lazy get. Prob not new info but from a fan who watches them every week.

Gomes or Delph or Neves? I agree we need a powerful /creative midfielder too but Neves is a good player. Anyway as I say doubt he comes here.

Never really understood this mentality of "better then what we've got". Its that mentality that got us stuck with cack like Bolasie, ashely Williams, iwobi, tosun, walcott, delph etc. Bad might be better the terrible but bad is still bad.

Why cant we just get really good players that improve our squad and drive the club forward and let's us challenge on the pitch? Instead of every year needing to get 5-6 new players in.

Never really understood this mentality of "better then what we've got". Its that mentality that got us stuck with cack like Bolasie, ashely Williams, iwobi, tosun, walcott, delph etc. Bad might be better the terrible but bad is still bad.

Why cant we just get really good players that improve our squad and drive the club forward and let's us challenge on the pitch? Instead of every year needing to get 5-6 new players in.
Well I think he's a good player you obviously beg to differ fair enough but you do need a squad. I agree we need the best we can get

Status
Not open for further replies.