Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? We signed him from Sunderland directly after a premier league campaign. He was in no way an unknown quantity or from a not top league...He was an overrated English keeper that leaked goals left and right but made the flashy save from time to time.
Romero? Free isn’t he.

40 years ago?
But I suspect, if we ever replace Pickford, which I doubt we will, we will probably have to try and find someone, cos most of the known Keepers cost a pretty penny.

I mean Chelsea have paid 120m for 2 Keepers that I honestly never even heard of before they signed them, says more about me than them, but still.

But I suspect, if we ever replace Pickford, which I doubt we will, we will probably have to try and find someone, cos most of the known Keepers cost a pretty penny.

I mean Chelsea have paid 120m for 2 Keepers that I honestly never even heard of before they signed them, says more about me than them, but still.

Mendy cost them £16m.

Yep, this.

I recall a double save in the '95 cup final - he had absolutely no business getting anywhere close to the second shot and yet he did.

Yep, this.

I recall a double save in the '95 cup final - he had absolutely no business getting anywhere close to the second shot and yet he did.
I remember being behind his goal against Villa back in 88. we lost 2-0 but he made two saves that were incredible to see from that angle. I was only a kid and in the Villa family enclosure with my mate who is a Villa fan. A split second before each save Villa fans were already on their feet cheering goal. I had been trying to not make it obvious I was a blue because I was so outnumbered but when he made that second save and the fans realised it wasn't a goal and started to sit back down I stood up, turned around to them and went 'F@!k you all'

Kepa was already meant to be the next Spanish great keeper and was already a regular for Bilbao. I want us to find the next Handanovic playing for some unknown Slovenian club before an Italian club snaps him up. Of course that’s really difficult but it’s also extremely cheap to try in relative terms. Low risk, high reward in that sense.

No, Kepa cost them £72m, his replacement and vast upgrade cost them £16m. A big LOL at that.
I still don't think Mendy has been that good, even though he did have a good start. Make that a total of £88m and they still don't have a keeper of the quality for where they want to be,

Status
Not open for further replies.