Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210614_142807.jpg

Sporting kid in the Titanic

At 27/28 there would be a history of performance we would be buying him on.

So if he flopped then people would still remember those performances and may be happy to take him off us in the hope that he would deliver as he had previously done.

Like Godfrey, LB, CB, RB youre correct.

Or like the boy at Brighton, White...RB, DM, CM. Seems to be a good player to have.

Not seen much of him but what ive seen and (mostly) read/heard he seems like a good signing for us....especially if we go 3 at the back.

Also, if Dumfries delivers against one of the top sides for this woeful dutch team then it would go a long way to showing he can step up to the premier league.

Sometimes its worth more money for that extra comfort.

Where do you see Phillips going and how much for?

I wonder whether hes now considered better than the media poster boy Declan Rice.

One thing is for sure...we need a DM.

Fair enough...i could well be wrong.

I'll also throw this out there...

..if Nuno takes over, then the first signing he could make is Fabio Silva.

If he thought he was worth £35mil a year ago then he surely must rate him very highly. With one year under his coaching then he should have continued his upward trajectory.

Ive no idea on him myself...only 19 next month and doesnt seem very good...we do need another forward though if Kean leaves and at that age players are hard to judge.

Unless he was just a stooge for mendes...

Exactly what im trying to say ;)

I know good players are more important than formations, but what midfield setup would you have him in and with which of our players ?

For me, id go for a new DM (Kamara/Guimaraes) then Allan/Doucoure box to box and James at the tip of the diamond.

I guess in that he would be competing for one of the box to box slots.

Im surprised no one has snapped him up yet with one year on his deal.

Youre right though...weve even been linked before with the rangers one :eek:
Yeah wouldnt mind kamara be on lower wages and can cover few positions. Get rid of delph ect. Same with the lad fron sporting with us keeping james can ease him into the team and let him grow this season

Hi first time poster in this thread.

Whats everyone having for tea?

Just had a 6 course dinner on the beach...thanks for asking.

Can honestly say I've never heard of him. What position does he play , is he any good and one for the local fans how will we get a work permit if he hasn't played for Brazil?

We are no longer in the EU

Centre mid, came up from the regional leagues...late bloomer...

Edit:

Sorry, but that's a nonsense. The trajectory would be downward while the end of his career was approaching. A younger player has more time to grow at best, and more time to remain at a level at worst.

It's always easier to sell a younger play of equivalent ability.

So were selling Iwobi?

View attachment 130550
Sporting kid in the Titanic

Is that confirmed?

Yeah wouldnt mind kamara be on lower wages and can cover few positions. Get rid of delph ect. Same with the lad fron sporting with us keeping james can ease him into the team and let him grow this season

Would make sense with Kamara DM and then him him ahead competing with Allan/Doucoure...

I'm not even going to pretend to understand how that helps your argument.

Iwobi 25...squad player at his last club. Flopped at Everton.

Whose signing him?

He'll have more suitors at 25 than he would at 28. I'm baffled that I've come across someone who seemingly disagrees with that simple fact - but that's up to you.

Well, the point was that if he was say 28 and we signed him at 27 then he had a year with us when he flopped and several years before joining which gives a larger sample size.

If a team looks at that player and likes what they see from age 21-27 then maybe they'll put a bid in so we get the flop off our books.

If hes 24 like the brazilian or 25 like Iwobi then they come from sides where they are squad players and then flopped after a move.

Other teams may see they are just poor players and this was hidden by playing in their last club within a certain system or suchlike.

Well, the point was that if he was say 28 and we signed him at 27 then he had a year with us when he flopped and several years before joining which gives a larger sample size.

If a team looks at that player and likes what they see from age 21-27 then maybe they'll put a bid in so we get the flop off our books.

If hes 24 like the brazilian or 25 like Iwobi then they come from sides where they are squad players and then flopped after a move.

Other teams may see they are just poor players and this was hidden by playing in their last club within a certain system or suchlike.
You're free to think what you will, but there's no way Iwobi would be easier to sell at 28.

This Nunes is exactly the type of profile of signing I was expecting when we brought Brands in.

Young, developing rapidly and hungry to prove himself. It's somewhat a gamble but gauging from the reactions of Sporting fans, seeing that footage and observing his career trajectory, the bigger gamble would be letting next season play out for him and all of a sudden SP Lisbon want 80 million euros and he's being courted by Barca, City and Bayern.

Good start Marcel, let's have four more please.

That’s not him. That looks like two lads about to play soggy biscuit in the suit with the big bath inn.

Status
Not open for further replies.