Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON 'KEEN ON CELIK'

Everton are interested in Lille right-back Zeki Celik this summer, according to reports in France.

Tottenham are also keen and the player is interested in a move to the Premier League, report L'Equipe.

Celik, 24, joined Lille from Istanbulspor in 2018 and has since made over 100 appearances for the French club.

I really hope not. It isn't that he isn't a decent player, but he really isn't the type of full back I was hoping for.

He's a defensively sold, aggressive player but he 100% won't give us the attacking width we need on the right flank. Been perfectly happy with the links to Aarons, Baku etc but this one really isn't what we need IMO

He was a top guy, but he has never been the same since the scandal
Oh he was, I used to really like chatting to him in here but then it seems like he got a bit carried away with some people hanging on his every word because he knew a bit about finances and started jumping to incorrect conclusions.
I reckon he did know someone who told him Mata and Witsel was ‘on’ for what it’s worth because he’d never thrown anything out like that before but the smart move after that went tits up would’ve been to just drop it and get back to chatting about what goes on on the pitch.

I really hope not. It isn't that he isn't a decent player, but he really isn't the type of full back I was hoping for.

He's a defensively sold, aggressive player but he 100% won't give us the attacking width we need on the right flank. Been perfectly happy with the links to Aarons, Baku etc but this one really isn't what we need IMO

Aarons / Baku and Emerson types would be ideal to turn us into a more attack minded side.

Celik for me isnt 'great' at anything and id go as far as to say that within 1 or 2 seasons hed be a rotation/squad player.

Oh he was, I used to really like chatting to him in here but then it seems like he got a bit carried away with some people hanging on his every word because he knew a bit about finances and started jumping to incorrect conclusions.
I reckon he did know someone who told him Mata and Witsel was ‘on’ for what it’s worth because he’d never thrown anything out like that before but the smart move after that went tits up would’ve been to just drop it and get back to chatting about what goes on on the pitch.

I liked his posts as well...interesting to read.

Gave him a pass on the transfers as anything can happen last minute...

But the whole twitter thing is nonsense to me from a grown man...

I also listened to a podcast a year or two ago where he was one of three or four....total drivel.

Still can't understand where the Aarons hype train originate from. A promoted team selling one of their best player who definitely needed a season in the Prem to prove himself? Won't happen.

Unless we are going 352 long term we still need a RB who can actually defend though mate otherwise you end up with Sidibe getting rinsed inside out every week.

Aarons looks decent pace/crossing wise but lads very small and his defending isn't something Norwich fans will often say he excels at.

If its Aarons for £30-35 million or Celik for £20-25 million I would take Celik every day in fairness.

Get Demiral as well for CB to keep him company.

Unless we are going 352 long term we still need a RB who can actually defend though mate otherwise you end up with Sidibe getting rinsed inside out every week.

Aarons looks decent pace/crossing wise but lads very small and his defending isn't something Norwich fans will often say he excels at.

If its Aarons for £30-35 million or Celik for £20-25 million I would take Celik every day in fairness.

Get Demiral as well for CB to keep him company.
Demiral? I don’t get the link

100 Million won't really get us anywhere close to the top 6, will it?

It would get us much closer IMO if spent properly, if that represented a single seasons outlay.

There is a ceiling on how much we can spend on a single player in terms of who we can attract currently.

I don't know what that ceiling is precisely, but I wouldn't see us spending more than we bought Gylfi for on anyone.

You can still do a lot of damage with £100m and if you add outgoings and loans then you can start the season with a team that looks different and fresh.

Depends how we spend it, we brought about four good players in last summer for about 60mil was it? Hopefully we've identified some more and get in early
£100 Million plus player sales I would say we could really make headway.

Kean £40 Million and a few of the other crabs for around £10-20 would set us up to really make headway

Status
Not open for further replies.