Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone can see the problems and what we need. The issue is where the £200m needed to fix it is coming from, and how we're going to get rid of the massive sacks of crap on the wage bill with a pandemic economy.

Be willing to bet we won’t see the back of Delph, Gomes, Holgate, or Iwobi, though I wouldn’t argue against selling any of them. Holgate more so as he’ll turn a good profit if FFP is still remotely an issue.

Kean, Keane, Mina would be close to £100mil alone in transfer fees.

Bernard and Kenny another £10mil.

Add in £65mil ish to replicate what we spent last summer and we have £165mil before offloading Gomes, Iwobi and the like.

There should be some big decisions on players this summer rather than a focus on gradual improvement we should twist the deck.

Not going to suggest any players we should target....just try and find some with a good attitude / mentality which would make a refreshing change from what is exhibited by the majority we have now. Oh.....and having the ability to run reasonably quickly would be a plus;)

I put down last night my 5 transfers in:
Aarons - RB
Olise - CM
Pape Sarr - DM
Koulibaly - CB
Antony - RW

Yesterday we started with too many of our "squad" players and they won't take us to the next level.

Now I don't know if these "signings" will ever sign let alone turn us into a better team but these positions need addressing this Summer.
All five sensible and would instantly upgrade the starting eleven and provide a measure of reliable back that is currently painfully absent. However, we also need a huge clear-out (as we all know) but not just the usual names in terms of deadwood but a number of those formerly viewed as possibly here for the medium term. Holgate, Keane, Davies have all been here for years and have seen off successive managers who can't seem to address the stink of mediocrity about the club.

If some/all of these are moved on (Richardson does not look happy and could see him electing to move too) then we need 10+ new players in, i.e. the five above plus five more.

If FFP is relaxed as looks likely, this could be feasible but I does Moshiri have the stomach for the investment needed?

Said it in the match thread yesterday, I don’t have the slightest clue how we are even 8th. If we don’t get it right this summer and address big issues (right hand side and more energy in the middle of the park being two big ones) I can safely say we will get surpassed by some teams next year. In that sense, it is once again a big summer.

I'm think an Aguero type would do wonders for the squad an experienced world class striker to give us a different dimension when things aren't going to plan he could be our version of Cavani/Ibrahimovic. But unless he somehow wants to stay in the north west it ain't happening.

AGUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sunday Star, you couldnt find a worse source if you tried.

Hope that does not happen.....reminds me of the days when we brought in players like Gascoigne and Ginola. Very short term solutions and never really work out well(n)

I'm think an Aguero type would do wonders for the squad an experienced world class striker to give us a different dimension when things aren't going to plan he could be our version of Cavani/Ibrahimovic. But unless he somehow wants to stay in the north west it ain't happening.
I think we'd find ourselves in a similar situation to James, where when on the pitch he'd definitely make an impact but would be injured half the season and be on exorbitant wages. But pretty unlikely

Yeah but those 2 had something Aguero doesn't: fitness. He'd fit in perfectly here with how many small injuries keep him out for a month+.

Cavani and Ibrahimovic were fitness freaks, until Zlat done his knee in he was playing every week.

As usual, we've known our weak links for several years now. Right back, centre back, central midfield, both wings and up front (haha). Any Director of Football worth their salt would have targets lined up for at least several of those areas and ready to join as soon as the window opens, yet you can virtually guarantee that won't sign anybody anywhere close to the start of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.