Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve offering Rabiot or Ramsey for Kean.
"Ok guys, we're goign to give you a choice of 2 players that nobody wants for a player that we desperately want. Think REALLY hard about this!"

Can just imagine how getting Rabiot and Ramsey would play out.....Rabiot agent claiming he is unsettled after 6 months,this when he realises how slow are midfield is with no hiding place for him...Ramsey laughing along with Delph in the Finch Farm treatment room while having a massage and a pedicure.
Get it done i say.....

I expect Brands realises that the Dutch Eredivisie in general these days is very weak, and that players from there often fail miserably. There’s been some absolutely outstanding Dutch players come to England over the years...firstly when Arnold Muhren and Fran’s Thyssen came to Ipswich and later the likes of Martin Jol, Marc Overmars, Ruud Gullitt, Japan Stam, Edwin van der Sar, Robin van Persie, Ruud Nistelrooy and the greatest of them all Denis Bergkamp. We’ve had a few chumps....Andy Van der Meyde, Royston Drenthe and Davy Klassen (Johnny Heitinga was pretty decent). But take a look at what Dutch payers have graced our shores in the latter years.....Donny van der Beek, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Siem and Luke de Jong, Marco Boogers, Patrick van Aarnholt, El Ghazi at Villa, Riedewald at Palace....the classic Dutch footballer doesn’t seem to exist these days unfortunately. I think Marcel knows this.
The lot across the park have done pretty good with the Dutch lads, Kuyt,VVD, Wjnaldum. Was Ray Atteveld our first? Klassen was chronic, Van Der Meyde was talented but mad as a box of frogs, Heitinga was a success.

I'd imagine players from Dutch league get on better here than Italians.

We should be keeping an eye on Andrew Omobamidele at Norwich, lad is going to be a player.
I've already mentioned him here first so you can't claim him I'm afraid.

He's an absolute mountain, has it all. But no chance he leaves for a few years. Only 4 first team starts btw, watched him for Irish youth sides and he stood out like a god amongst boys.

The idea that Koulibaly should be our #1 target is just mad to me. It's not like we have at least 3 other positions that need MASSIVE improvement before we even think about yet another CB.

Absolutely true, but at the same time you take upgrades in the market where you can find them. If we can make a major upgrade at basically half of the cost of an additional player's transfer fee and wages, it's worth a look.

We'd be getting a lot older at the position unless Keane were the player to make way. That's a concern, although the shelf life of CBs is a little longer than most positions.

If we could punt that pretender Holgate for anywhere near £20 millions and bring in big bad Koula Koula for £35 millions it would be outrageous business.
It will be Mina that makes way. He's on a big salary (for us) and is going to interest a wider range of clubs in more countries because he's an established international who has language skills that will allow him to settle in quickly. By comparison, Holgate will only attract bids from PL clubs.

From our perspective, based on the premise that Koulibaly would be coming in as a starting XI player, we'd also be better off keeping Holgate than Mina. The pecking order would be:

First choice: Koulibaly & Keane
First off the bench: Godfrey
Developing: Holgate

That makes far more sense (considering salaries, ages and current levels of development) than:

First choice: Koulibaly & Mina
First off the bench: Keane
Developing: Godfrey

Juve offering Rabiot or Ramsey for Kean.
I believe the phrase is:

"Keep your drink and just give me the money."

Be interesting what formation we play next season as Carlo mentioned King hasn't had much of a sniff due to the formation change to the 442.

If we stick to 442 next season move heaven and earth and bring in Daniel Ings or Mr Belotti.

Richarlison and DCL can not play up top together as a 2 - zero understanding between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.