Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you make that point, like wise if the player says no then it is no.

I make this point because there so many on the forum questioning why hasn't Brands got rid of deadwood like Tosun, the answer is because they say no not going anywhere.
The only way we'll ever get rid of Tosun is if we bundle him onto one of Priti Patel's deportation flights.

I share your disappointment,but the must win game against Man U to get fourth. The sixth round and Semi the year we lost the final to Chelsea. But we just didn't have the players with the levels of professionalism to do what was required on a regular basis. Our squad was then as it is now lacking in quality in depth. Playing catch up with the big boys,with one hand tied behind his back.

Mate at this point we are nowhere near the big boys

Unless the profit and loss sustainability rules change, January and next summer wont be that exciting either

Expectations this season is around 8th, run in one of the cups

I don't know how to feel about this.
“Donny talked with his father and his father in law. They agreed to take a step down in his career while knowing he could play every week. They don’t have a ’10’ over there with both James [Rodriguez] & [Gylfi] Sigurdsson having problems. The package was complete and everything was looking good.”

Typically blunt Dutch comments there. Glad he didn’t come if they are happy to put those thoughts on coming to Everton in public. Being totally objective I can’t see why they would say that privately but keep it to yourself ffs.

If marcel saw de beek as an answer to a problem he should be strung up

Bit harsh this IMO - the lad can play and doesn't look too lightweight for the league either, he just isn't ever going to get much of a chance with Fernandes and Pogba in front of him.

Slightly surprised that we wanted another number 10 though - I get that we aren't relying on James or Sigurdsson for differing reasons, but so far we've done pretty well with either Iwobi in that position (no sniggering at the back) or Richarlison in a sort of floating striker role playing off Dom. If Benitez wanted another number 10, I don't think he was necessarily a terrible choice though

“Donny talked with his father and his father in law. They agreed to take a step down in his career while knowing he could play every week. They don’t have a ’10’ over there with both James [Rodriguez] & [Gylfi] Sigurdsson having problems. The package was complete and everything was looking good.”

Typically blunt Dutch comments there. Glad he didn’t come if they are happy to put those thoughts on coming to Everton in public. Being totally objective I can’t see why they would say that privately but keep it to yourself ffs.

It's blatantly true though.

United to Everton is a step down and anyone who says otherwise lives in fantasy land.

But, I will add, Van de Beek is 100% not what we need

Bit harsh this IMO - the lad can play and doesn't look too lightweight for the league either, he just isn't ever going to get much of a chance with Fernandes and Pogba in front of him.

Slightly surprised that we wanted another number 10 though - I get that we aren't relying on James or Sigurdsson for differing reasons, but so far we've done pretty well with either Iwobi in that position (no sniggering at the back) or Richarlison in a sort of floating striker role playing off Dom. If Benitez wanted another number 10, I don't think he was necessarily a terrible choice though

He's Davy Klaassen mark II mate

Suits a certain system but don't think he'd suit what we need.

He's a bit of a jack of all trades but isn't a great passer, isn't quick, isn't skillful, doesn't cover loads of ground defensively.

Not saying he's a bad player, I just don't see a skillset he'd have brought which would have helped us.

FB_IMG_1630917860191.jpg

He's Davy Klaassen mark II mate

Suits a certain system but don't think he'd suit what we need.

He's a bit of a jack of all trades but isn't a great passer, isn't quick, isn't skillful, doesn't cover loads of ground defensively.

Not saying he's a bad player, I just don't see a skillset he'd have brought which would have helped us.
This bit I really disagree with - Klaassen wasn't cut out for this league at all as he was built like a 10 year old child. Physically it was far, far too much for him.

VDB is a better physical specimen - Not saying he'll definitely be a success in England, but he has a lot more going for him than Klaassen did. He's quicker (albeit not lightning quick) can carry the ball ok, has good awareness but I don't think he's up to much on the defensive side of things.

TBH I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance to be proved right on this though - he needs games in England to show this and I don't think he's going to get them, so it's likely a hill I'm going to die on

Status
Not open for further replies.