Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first transfer window in 5 years that we haven't spent big.

I have no trouble with not spending £60/70m on players given the last few managers and their "vision".

I am hugely disappointed we still haven't addressed our right back position but given that we tried to sign Dumfries, Patterson, Maitland-Niles but got rejected, it still isn't good enough from Brands because that has been a position for SEASONS we have struggled with so no excuse really.

Regarding Diaz deal with James, that was just a shambles from start to finish. If Porto wanted James, it was a straight free transfer to get him off the books and where this 30m bid came from is anyone's guess.

We are similar to last season in terms of the squad but with all teams around us strengthen it will be a huge ask of Benitez to get the best out of a squad of misfits on huge wages.

The only positive is we can reset our FFP and next season, we will be far more active.
The chickens have come home to roost at Everton. I've said before (elsewhere) that we have spent ridiculous amounts of money trying to gamble on a Champions League place and it has backfired.

To be honest I'm angry with Moshiri most. He is the man at the top and he will have had to give the go ahead and must take responsibility. This is a man who has spent a good few years at Arsenal and should have experience of running a football club. It's a rude awaking for him and he must now cut his cloth accordingly and face the wrath of a fanbase that was promised so much and delivered so little

Good signings. Especially Townsend. He's been let down though. We can't kid ourselves and pretend like benitez asked for gray, Townsend and Rondon and thats all he wanted. Told brands to stop searching.
Is it fair to say that Benitez would have been in favour of the 2 year deal on a sizable salary in order to get the deal done. I have no difficulty with Rondon coming in as a back up striker, but, the 2 year contract and the salary levels mentioned are little short of criminal.

With regards to the transfer activity in future, I think we need to resort to a policy of signing experienced players, like Townsend, for little to no fee whilst bringing in young "hot prospects" like Godfrey for example that looks to have fallen below the radar of bigger clubs.

We MUST be a lot smarter than we have been. The days of Chelsea and Man City splurging what they did are long gone and with FFP they've pulled that ladder up behind them. In military terms it's called 'asymmetrical warfare' when a seemingly weaker force takes on a more powerful one.

So our transfer window equates to:

Ins:
Andros Townsend. Free. Crystal Palace. Age 30
Asmir Begovic. Free. Bournemouth. Age 34
Demarai Gray. £1.7m. Bayer Leverkusen. Age 25
Andy Lonergan. Free. WBA. Age 37
Salomon Rondon. Free. Dalian Professional. Age 31

Outs:
Ellis Simms. Loan. Blackpool. Age 20
Lewis Gibson. Loan. Sheffield Wednesday. Age 21
Nathangelo Markel. Free. PSV Eindhoven. Age 22
Josh Bowler. Free. Blackpool. Age 22
Callum Connolly. Free. Blackpool. Age 23
Dennis Adeniran. Free. Sheffield Wednesday. Age 22
Matthew Pennington. Free. Shrewsbury. Age 26
Mo Besic. Released. Age 28
Theo Walcott. Free. Southampton. Age 32
Joshua King. Free. Watford. Age 29
Yannick Bolasie. Free. Çaykur Rizespor. Age 32
Bernard. £900k. Sharjah FC. Age 28
Beni Baningime. Free. Hearts. Age 22
Nathan Broadhead. Loan. Sunderland. Age 23
João Virginia. Loan. Sporting Lisbon. Age 21
Moise Kean. Loan. Juventus. Age 21
Niels Nkounkou. Loan. Standard Liege. Age 20.

We are left with only Digne at LB and Coleman and Kenny at RB. The average age of our signings is 32. Fair dues to @Noisy noise annoys for fronting this out but this has been a horror show of a window. Moshiri will sink this club.
Horror show ain’t the word!
As I stated a month ago, I was adamant there’d be no Rondon, Shelvey, Longstaff type signings and the RB and the quality wide man would be bought in as soon as the chaff was sorted……I WAS WRONG and apologise to those I told to stop moaning and be patient @Rooney_Tunes @windymiller @MACCA75 @blue to the bone @Nymzee @Efcjake @sageyefc @Terrarian @zukai12_ @Blue Parkender @Zatara @d34noj @EFCccc @Bluestar and probs others
I honestly cannot believe, given who we got out of the door, that we did not add some actual quality. It certainly seems we tried, but we didn’t abs that is that

To be trying for the likes of AMN and De Beek at the twelfth hour while also haggling with Porto a week after your previous target (cunha) blew you out , really shows how inept our people are. I really should know this by now

see you all in January

Oh mate, very poor effort this summer. Best of luck in January

Rafael tried to sign Smalling at Newcastle.... Just saying.

Apparently Rafael has asked for Demiral from Juventus and Rondon on a free.

Rafael was rumoured to have given him his blessing.

Rondon likely won't be coming here, he has offers in Turkey.

Advanced talks with Barcelona for Coutinho. Nunes should be our first signing.

If you're going with odds then we are the favourites to sign Koulibaly who actually name checked Rafael this week.

Rondon isn't joining

Rafael has rejected PSGs offer to loan Kean.

Nunes for E15 m is likely to be our first signing.

Rafael has asked for Koulibaly. 35 mil being touted.

Sporting are waiting for Rafael to give his blessing on signing Nunes so they can move forwards with replacing him.

I'd be surprised if Mina is still here

I believe I said Mina would be going as the management team don't rate him.

I've also spoken about Perez before anyone else and a few others.

I report it as I hear it.

People expecting the likes of Keane, Iwobi, Sigurdsson etc to be sold are going to be very disappointed.

We know we're signing Dumfries, the other position is right wing and centre back.

Rafael wants to utilise the players we already have, so we will likely see a few unfamiliar faces in the squad this season.

It depends which players go as to who else comes in.

50-60 million Euros is approx £42 to 50 million. We're not far off with a bid of 35 mil.

Napoli have turned down our initial offer for Koulibaly. They want double what we offered.

Sigurdsson isn't going anywhere. Rafael has wanted to sign him for years.

Nunes deal back on.

Hwang Hee-Chan

Hwang Hee-Chan and Schopf

Norwich want Delph..... On loan

We have made enquiries in to Antony at Ajax and Perez at Leicester.

Rafael is apparently interested in Gabigol.

We're going to sanction some higher priced deals soon. Hearing Koulibaly and ASM are prime targets.

The feeling is we could end the transfer window without filling key areas in the squad, so we're going to bring those players in and hope we can shift some higher earners before the window closes to satisfy FFP demands. Kean, Richarlison and James are those players in question.

We are looking at RBs, but Koulibaly is our prime target.

The ASM situation is very interesting. He hasn't been training and the NUFC management have said he's currently "ill". His friends have said he isn't. Rumours of a bust up and him handing in a transfer request. Rumours of a 40 mil bid from us.

I heard a few days ago that we currently have around 40 mil to spend.

Speaking of Newcastle. Lee Ryder reckons we could be swapping Davies with Longstaff.

Delph has been offered out on a free transfer, unfortunately there's been no takers yet due to his high wages, he's been told to find a club himself. We're even prepared to pay some of his wages.

Hoppe - 1.2 mil
Buta - 3.5 mil
Pereira - Loan

3 players coming in before deadline.

We still have big interest in Hudson-Odoi and Bellerin. Don't think it's very advanced at the moment though.

I don’t think he was worth the valuation Rangers put him at, £5m was a decent offer, so was £8m, anything above that though?

We're talking about a player who isn't first choice for a club in the Scottish Premiership. In fairness, Tavernier is decent going forward, can whip in a good cross, and scores some amount of goals for a full back, but he isn't a good defender.

How much is it reasonable to ask for when the player isn't a first pick for Rangers, and the guy keeping him out isn't very good at defending?

I've seen very little of Patterson, so I can't give you any kind of informed opinion of how good he is, but the hype about players who come through the ranks at The Rangers International Football Club, or whatever the newco is calling itself these days, is always off the charts up here, and they rarely go on to do very well.

Transfer bids for TRIFC players are just made up out of thin air up here, and the players never seem to go to the clubs that are alleged to have made these huge bids for the players. The "RB Leipzig are preparing a six million pound bid for Barry McKay" was an all time classic.

One can only assume the Leipzig directors wrote the bid out by hand, and decided to walk from Germany to Ibrox and deliver the bid personally.

Of all the players who came off the famous "Murray Park conveyor belt of talent" Alan Hutton has been by far the biggest success, and lets face it he was just a journeyman EPL player.

Up here the press are blaming Covid for the deal for Patterson not going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.