Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
….an ambitious club that is building a state of the art stadium at BMD. A club who’ve wasted millions on poor signings who now have to get their finances in order.

I said when Benitez came in that it was a ‘safe‘ appointment, I think this has also been a ‘safe‘ transfer window. No more expensive failures.

Bottom line is, are we stronger after the summer window than before it? Arguably we are; The glaring lack of wingers has been addressed & Rondon is a more effective back-up than Kean or King.

Yes it’s underwhelming we have no high-profile signings, there are positions we might have strengthened but it’s not to say we are weaker than last season. January isn’t too far away & I feel ok about things.
Yep.. this is true… and as I said before the window closed is with better management this season we can play better football. Half the issue was how we were playing .. not just the playing staff.. that has (apparently) been sorted..

Massively underwhelming transfer window. Thankfully we have started off well this season otherwise there would have been major kick offs at the games. We are in such a mess. Would have been nice for someone at the club to openly speak about our strategy this summer. No wonder Carlo jumped shipped the second another club came sniffing for him.

OK, we didn't get a RB, so just use Coleman defending. There's no need for him to go forward. Townsend can do all that and is better at it. Seamus will be more useful just concentrating on defending now and can conserve energy. Holgate can cover if he's injured.

We didn't get Diaz but James can take whatever spot Benitez had in mind for him as long as he isn't stubborn and doesn't cut off his
nose to spite his face. We've got enough mids to cover him if/when he's injured. The much maligned Iwobi's best spot is in the middle
and couldn't Gbamin play there if necessary?

There are options everywhere if you look for them without expecting world class players in every position. No club has that.

You can spin it anyway you want, end of the day we’ve spent 2m quid. What sort of a half baked, non ambitious joke of a club thinks that’s adequate to build on a tenth placed finish?

they should fire brands out of a cannon in the direction of the North Sea. Complete incompetence. God knows what he actually does or what his strategy looks like.

the right back glaring weakness which he has failed to address over three years is staggering.
Benitez is in charge of transfers, just as Ancelotti prioritised centre midfielders over right backs last summer. We've lost £270,000,000 in the last two years, so of course we didn't spend anything without getting rid of players.

This is the first transfer window in 5 years that we haven't spent big.

I have no trouble with not spending £60/70m on players given the last few managers and their "vision".

I am hugely disappointed we still haven't addressed our right back position but given that we tried to sign Dumfries, Patterson, Maitland-Niles but got rejected, it still isn't good enough from Brands because that has been a position for SEASONS we have struggled with so no excuse really.

Regarding Diaz deal with James, that was just a shambles from start to finish. If Porto wanted James, it was a straight free transfer to get him off the books and where this 30m bid came from is anyone's guess.

We are similar to last season in terms of the squad but with all teams around us strengthen it will be a huge ask of Benitez to get the best out of a squad of misfits on huge wages.

The only positive is we can reset our FFP and next season, we will be far more active.

We should never have been left short on LB.
We should have signed a RB.

The rest of the business has been fine, but we have a manager who loves to sit back sometimes and we’ve now left us short on defenders. Absolutely incredible that.

Think Rafael believes he will get cover for left back with Delph (depending on him keeping fit for more than 7 minutes)

Probably why they were talking him up this week, as they knew one wasn't coming in and we would be left with Digne

Our RW options are Iwobi and Townsend - that is so, so bad. At CM we have two good options, two average options and the rest are terrible. We’ve lost a fairly useful player in Sigurdsson (through no fault of the club, admittedly) and not been able to replace him in any capacity.

Isn't James still here? Cant he play RW

Against teams who park the bus he will be perfect placing the ball at Rondon, the ball bouncing off him and hopefully someone there to swipe it in....Dreaming again?

….an ambitious club that is building a state of the art stadium at BMD. A club who’ve wasted millions on poor signings who now have to get their finances in order.

I said when Benitez came in that it was a ‘safe‘ appointment, I think this has also been a ‘safe‘ transfer window. No more expensive failures.

Bottom line is, are we stronger after the summer window than before it? Arguably we are; The glaring lack of wingers has been addressed & Rondon is a more effective back-up than Kean or King.

Yes it’s underwhelming we have no high-profile signings, there are positions we might have strengthened but it’s not to say we are weaker than last season. January isn’t too far away & I feel ok about things.
We are a lot better than we were.. we've lost no one that we needed to keep, signed some players with pace solving a long time problem in midfield... you can see opposition defenders backing up when Gray has the ball it's a sight to behold.. and we've made a profit.

Holgate, Delph and Godfrey will cover full backs when needed.

Strengthened wide areas. Rondon is a decent back up and suits the style of the first XI.

If Rodriguez can add to what we have seen already this season then I am double keen for the coming months.

Keep winning games and I really couldn't care who plays or manages the side.

I'd of loved to of added AMN or Patterson to the squad as that would of been a genuine quality improvement.
We obviously got priced out of Patterson & Arteta messed us about on AMN (and from whats been said we didnt put a great offer on the table).
We have clearly been hamstrung, and we do actually still have cover at right back in Kenny, which costs us nothing....despite what people think if we went for a last minute cheap back up option, were is the guarentee he is better than Kenny.

I enjoy the penny pinching toffees, i hate the whole 'look how much we can spend' aspect of football. It shouldnt be about that

Status
Not open for further replies.