Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth did he come here then? He has past form for arguing with previous boards about transfer budgets.Are you saying he was lied to by our board?
Surely not. lol lol
One lad who doesn't lie is Ben. Told us straight up we were a small club a long time ago. He doesn't mince word does our Ben.

So one of two options:
1. We had £30m-ish to spend and tried to buy Diaz today. It didn’t work and we had no contingencies, scrambled around and everyone else told us to ‘koff.
2. We never had any money and thought it would sound better if we pretended to bid for someone exciting.

Personally, I think it’s option one and whilst I’m glad we didn’t panic buy another Iwobi, it’s shocking that we didn’t have anything lined up and even more shocking that we didn’t prioritise a damn right back!!

Only the media suggested we'd made bids for those players, the club never comment.
The Diaz chat was dependant upon James and there's the stumbling block.
Arsenal weren't willing to release AMN to a Premier League competitor.
The Patterson and Jebbison stories, take with a massive pinch of salt.
The media are the ones who comment on most deals . The ones re Patterson came from good sources.

I have defended Brands, as I thought he had a difficult job shifting poor players on high wages, but this is the final straw for me.

He has left us with an unbalanced squad and we are unfortunately a few injuries from being in trouble. For a guy who doesn't like to buy in January, he has a long time to strategise and a small window to execute and he hasn't done that in any from.

To keep our best players we have to show progress and if i was Digne, Richy, DCL etc I would be thinking this is my last season.

He has to go.
This. We don't buy in January windows on the pretence that we have better targets lined up for the summer. How's that working?

Status
Not open for further replies.