Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of going from

Richarlison, Rodriguez and Ancelotti to .Iwobi, Townsend and Benitez makes me want to cry.

Brands you well dressed weird looking fella, please pull something out of the bag and prove us all wrong!!!

On paper it really does make you cry but then you realise that in reality it’s not actually that bad given Ancelotti and Richarlison had stinkers last year and Rodriguez was crippled half the time. We could potentially lose all three this window yet I’m not convinced it would make much difference to where we finish.

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 01.57.18.png

This may be an unpopular view - if we did sell Richarlison late on for big money, which I'd be shattered about, then I'd rather us loan in a ready-made replacement (like Coutinho...gulp). This would give us some time to build a coherent strategy to spend the money properly.

It will be a disaster if we lose him, and then scattergun spend it in 48 hours...

We are about to witness a singularity of dross the likes of which the world has never seen before. I’m talking Maupay. Jebbison. Winks. Drinkwater. Rojo. Dalot. The avengers of mid table all for a cool bargain of 100 million pounds. Summer of ‘17 but all in 4 days.

In all seriousness please don’t go Richy :(

Don’t want to lose Richy, his goal threat is so important to us in a team without many, but it’s more because I don’t trust the recruitment team to spend the money wisely. Couldn’t handle a repeat of the Lukaku sale. Wouldn’t mind us throwing some money towards Doku if we did lose Richy, don’t think the financial situation in the French league is the best so we’d have a good chance I imagine. Looked class in the Euros and highlights I’ve seen of him, pace and dribbling

Last edited:
If Richarlison actually is sold we can get Hudson-Odoi and not even worry about the money because we'll have it. Not sure who a good striker would be on that short of notice. Test out Brentford on Toney?

we wouldn’t get 3 players on deadline day with clubs knowing we were desperate and cash rich

also, we’ve left it so late that any player that would be a reasonable/realistic option to actually improve us won’t be available bar maybe McNeil. We’ve left it so late we’re going to be struggling as it is to get the right-back in.

get Kean out, shift other dross, keep Richarlison. This is not the time to sell him

It was 27 million for Kean, so last season PSG paid wages plus 6 m loan fee. Juventus paying similar loan fee, wages then 25 million

So not so bad when you look at things differently rather than the normal gloom!

If we really sell Richarlison, the problem is how to use that money to strengthen the squad in the late of window. For the backup striker, we probably will sign Jebbison and develop him to the next DCL. However, in the rb, we may try Max aarons rather than Patterson. In the Winger, it seems we must try Mcneil. Then, we need a attacker which can score and can play in winger and CF…

If we hit the big red button and Richarlson goes I’d go out and get Sarr at Watford, looks pretty much widely reported that McNeil is our option for the left flank.

People do understand that selling him for huge money means clubs ask us for huge money for any replacements we want? We would get absolutely no value whatsoever and would almost certainly end up panic buying.

There is zero good that comes from selling at this time. Anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

Looking at the market, there are a number of players 'available' who could be on reduced fees. There are also long shots who may see us as a 'stepping stone'...

Right back
Aarons (Norwich)
Emerson (Barca)
Baku (Wolfburg)
Patterson (Rangers)
Singo (Torino)
Dalot (United)

Right Wing/Forward
Kulusevski (Juventus)
Antony (Ajax)
Doku (Rennes)
Sarr (Watford)
Veron (Palmeiras)
Neres (Ajax)
Chukwueze (Villareal)

Left Winger/Forward
Diaby (Leverkusen)
Odoi (Chelsea)
McNeil (Burnley)
Kvaratskhelia (Rubin Kazan)
Mikkel Damsgaard (Sampdoria)

Centre Midfield
Kamara (Marseille)
Tchouameni (Monaco)
Camavinga (Rennes)
Aouar (Lyon)
Moriba (Barca)
Gravenberch (Ajax)
McKennie (Juventus)
Guimaraes (Lyon)

Attacking Midfield
Cherki (Lyon)
Wirtz (Leverkusen)
Olmo (Leipzig)

Centre forward
Isak (Sociedad)
Jovic (Madrid)
Vlahovic (Fiorentina)
Gouiri (Nice)
Jebbison (Sheff Utd)

Whether its loans, using us as a 'stepping stone' or straight deals...

Some we will get straight rejections from player/club but others we should be able to bring in.

If we can get £100mil for Richarlison and £25mil for Kean then we could and should be able to do some real damage.

Its going to be an interesting last 5 days :eek:

On paper it really does make you cry but then you realise that in reality it’s not actually that bad given Ancelotti and Richarlison had stinkers last year and Rodriguez was crippled half the time. We could potentially lose all three this window yet I’m not convinced it would make much difference to where we finish.
I'd rather not have Ancelotti, Richarlison is important only because we don't have a replacement not because he's irreplaceable and James great as he is has spent more time out of the team than in it. I like our guys that we have now. Even Rafael at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.