Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stinks to me of an agent desperate to line his pockets - the academy at Everton is a shambles at present but I can't see him playing much in the PL even at a club like Southampton for the foreseeable.

Should have been demanding loan moves to the championship/league one and if he's as good as he thinks he'll be in 3-4 years he'll be replacing Digne as Evertons first choice LB.
In 3 or 4 years if Digne is still our left back we just aren't doing things right, if Nkounkou is any good we should be looking to cash in on Digne in a year or two while he still has value.

Against Leeds? Did VAR retrospectively disallow Raphinia's goal? Sweet.

Or do you mean this coming Saturday? Does that mean we lose to Huddersfield tonight? If you could tell me all the results for the next few weeks I can get a bet on Back to the Future 2 style.
Southampton - Win
Leeds - Draw
Huddersfield - Win
BHA - Win

You're welcome.

How are people trying to spin this by saying it was mutual between the club and him lol. He refused to train and turned down multiple deals. But yeah go ahead and wish the dosser good luck.

edit: Not to mention we haven't even agreed compensation yet, that will be another prolonged issue sapping time and energy from the club.

Yes you did suggest him. No one else mentioned his name on GOT.
Suggest means to put forward for consideration. But what I asked is whether there was anyone with more knowledge of the player than I who would say he should be considered.

In 3 or 4 years if Digne is still our left back we just aren't doing things right, if Nkounkou is any good we should be looking to cash in on Digne in a year or two while he still has value.

Hopefully Nkounkou gets a game tonight he looks like he has something about him.

I've said for a while I love Digne but at 28 he's realistically got 2-3 seasons left at his peak.

Nkounkou or Small should have been looking at that and thinking that long term LB spot is up for grabs.

Don't think Small's choice was all that odd. He can see they've lashed a young RB straight into the team and I imagine he's had assurances of at least a shared first XI role with their other new LB this season.

Catch the eye like Livramento has already done and get a move up the PL in a season or two. From his POV it beats waiting around to see whether this manager fares any better than Carlo in blooding young talent.
Maybe but not turning up to training in the meantime doesn't speak well to his professionalism. The lad was 16 did he expect to be getting more minutes? Ridiculous. I can see the pathway argument but if he was that good he would have got his chance eventually or at least a loan to prove it.

He was still under school boys terms that were mutually cancelled when he decided he was off. He can’t have a pro contract until he turned 17 this month, negotiations for which started on 12 months ago.
not sure the club could do any more other than offer him ludicrous wages to stay (which the clearly didn’t)
For all the clubs faults, not sure they could have done it any different this time.
It is worrying that promising youngsters don't see a future for themselves at Everton. I don't blame them, tbh, we don't give youth a chance at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.