Peter Reid - Bolton
Trevor Steven - Burnley
Adrian Heath - Stoke City
Graeme Sharp - Dumbarton
Andy Gray - Wolves
Paul Bracewell - Sunderland
Kevin Sheedy - Liverpool
Alan Harper - Liverpool

Imagine the fume if we looked at players from these clubs now?

So long ago :( when you think that Graeme Sharp was Gordon Lee's last signing for 110k

How many centre midfielders have we signed each window though - three and two in each of the last two transfer windows and Gomes on loan before that, over 100 mill spent, it’s poor recruitment that we are here saying we need and are targeting centre midfielders again.

It has been poor recruitment in the past. What is clear though that apart from Doucoure Allan and the unknown quantity of Gbamin, the rest of the midfielders we’ve bought haven’t been good enough. We can’t go into the season with only three midfielders and one of them hadn’t played for 2 seasons.

It has been poor recruitment in the past. What is clear though that apart from Doucoure Allan and the unknown quantity of Gbamin, the rest of the midfielders we’ve bought haven’t been good enough. We can’t go into the season with only three midfielders and one of them hadn’t played for 2 seasons.

Agreed poor recruitment, we need to but shouldn't be looking at central midfielders again for the resources invested and frequency of procurement.

Allan isn’t good enough.

Well not to play in two with Doucoure, definitely, as it doesn't really get the best out of either of them and he looks like a proper old man having to cover the ground.

But he didn't at the start of last season, in a three, which would also ironically get the best out of all of our attackers too (bar Andros Townsend, but Rafael loves Townsend)

Gbamin and Doucoure (or another new midfielder for one of them) should be the midfield moving forward if we play in a 2. In a 3, there's 100% a place for Allan.

Need to start playing players to their strengths

He obviously can dribble too. Moves the ball 20 metres up the field by simply running with it which we desperately lack.
Gazzaniga was at fault for Millwall' s goal, awful goalkeeping. Also, this game reminded me why I really wanted Silva out. A nice bloke, but instead of winning comfortably, Fulham were scared stiff at the end.
Seemed to me like the played well and were comfortable winners if not for some missed chances and a GK error. Doesn't reflect poorly on the manager for me.

Neville Southall - Bury
Pat Van Den Hauwe - Birmingham City
Derek Mountfield - Tranmere
Peter Reid - Bolton
Trevor Steven - Burnley
Adrian Heath - Stoke City
Graeme Sharp - Dumbarton
Andy Gray - Wolves
Paul Bracewell - Sunderland
Kevin Sheedy - Liverpool
Alan Harper - Liverpool

Imagine the fume if we looked at players from these clubs now?
The market is slightly different from when English clubs only signed British players 99% of the time. In my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.