Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope so but if it all comes at a cost of selling our prized assets I'm not so sure if it'll benefit us in the long run.
Kean, Gomes and James look to be the ones who would go. James we all like but he was never going to stay after Carlo left and the other two are far from prized assets

Be weird that the iron fisted manager in question has looked to sign him twice then, wouldn't it?

Simeone has a big say in transfers at Atleti. Not always the final say but he's not ignored.
If for some unknown reason or weird as you say munster rugby team are in for him, doesn't make James a rugby player. We judge with what we have seen.

We weren't expecting James to be Roy Keane exactly and he still couldn't last half a season. Out through tiredness, laughably and calf strain mostly, of which reacuring.

Whatever the reasons may be why they want him. And they seem odd. It doesn't somehow turn James into a fit reliable workhouse.

My guess. A luxury bench player. To which they can absolutely afford to have.

If for some unknown reason or weird as you say munster rugby team are in for him, doesn't make James a rugby player. We judge with what we have seen.

We weren't expecting James to be Roy Keane exactly and he still couldn't last half a season. Out through tiredness, laughably and calf strain mostly, of which reacuring.

Whatever the reasons may be why they want him. And they seem odd. It doesn't somehow turn James into a fit reliable workhouse.

Yup. Less physical league and they can use him in European competition. Good solution for everyone.

Lovely player but clearly not one that the manager at Everton is going to indulge.

Glad we got to see James play for Everton, hope he can leave amicably and good luck to him. Also hope it releases funds for a longer-term signing - not Coutinho please.
I’m sure he knows how the fans feel about him. He’ll certainly go with my best wishes but would have loved him to score a worldy in front of a packed Goodison.

Coutinho would be a mad signing. Doesn’t seem like we’re going down that route though judging my business to date.

He played 26 games last year. Played more minutes for us than he has in 4/8 seasons before that. Directly contributed to 15 goals. Created our second-most chances after Gylfi (whose majority came from set-pieces) and most chances from open play.

Was our best passer in terms of both progressive passes and possessional passes (i.e. advancing us with the ball and helping us keep the ball).

All the while at the age of 29, with a dodgy calf, playing his first season in England in a pandemic with no fans.

This revisionism has to stop.

If you're fine to see him go, then sound, it's your opinion and we clearly are in such a bad financial position that we can't afford him (that's on the club, our board and DoF who has not fulfilled a big part of his job as it was set out in 2018), so we could do with his wages off the books.

But he was very effective for us last season when he played.

He played 26 games last year. Played more minutes for us than he has in 4/8 seasons before that. Directly contributed to 15 goals. Created our second-most chances after Gylfi (whose majority came from set-pieces) and most chances from open play.

Was our best passer in terms of both progressive passes and possessional passes (i.e. advancing us with the ball and helping us keep the ball).

All the while at the age of 29, with a dodgy calf, playing his first season in England in a pandemic with no fans.

This revisionism has to stop.

If you're fine to see him go, then sound, it's your opinion and we clearly are in such a bad financial position that we can't afford him (that's on the club, our board and DoF who has not fulfilled a big part of his job as it was set out in 2018), so we could do with his wages off the books.

But he was very effective for us last season when he played.
He was there or thereabouts for being our best player last season. Not happy to see him go but accepting it isn’t going to work out for him here with Carlo leaving.

Good morning all, it’s the 17th of August and here’s today’s transfer links/rumours

Everton have been told to pay £26 million if they want to sign Napoli ace Lorenzo Insigne this summer according to a report from Area Napoli.

Serie A expert Conor Clancy
insists that Jeremie Boga would be limited by Rafael Benitez if he decided to move to Everton.A pacey, tricky winger who can play on the left, in attacking midfield and up front, Boga needs to be able to have the opportunity to play with complete freedom, according to Clancy, who is the editor-in-chief at Forza Italian Football.

Clancy said: “Maybe Everton might make a little bit more sense but still, under Benitez, he’s going to be a lot more restricted than he would like to be.

“With Sassuolo, he’s basically just told, ‘there’s the ball, go and play’. I think he’s got to go somewhere where that can also happen and I don’t see that from Everton in the Premier League.”

In what looks like a scheduled post on Twitter, the forward has a picture of himself smiling, with the words ‘nunca dejes de creer’ in Spanish along with emojis of a grin and an arrow saying soon.

The words translate to ‘never stop believing’, but more importantly, they are a slogan of Atletico Madrid. While this could be a massive coincidence, with his future on Merseyside up in the air it does seem too well-timed and planned to be an accident.

Arsenal and Everton are among the Premier League clubs that have been offered the chance to sign Philippe Coutinho this summer. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, a number of Premier League clubs have been contacted including Arsenal and Everton.

Manchester United have slashed their asking price for Arsenal, West Ham and Everton transfer target Jesse Lingard, according to reports. Apparently, West Ham, Arsenal and Everton’s hopes of landing Lingard have been boosted, with the Daily Express claiming Manchester United have now dropped their asking price for Lingard from £30m to £20m.

In a recent tweet, renowned journalist Rudy Galetti stated that Everton are in advanced talks to land Royal Antwerp full-back Aurelio Buta this summer. It has been mentioned that the Toffees are discussing a deal worth around €4m for the Portuguese defender during this summer transfer window.

Everton have reportedly agreed a deal to loan out Welsh youngster Nathan Broadhead to League One side Sunderland on loan for the season. That is according to a Tweet from sports journalist Pete O’Rourke (@SportsPeteO), who took to Twitter to share the update on the Everton youngster.
Separately, reports from the Echo have corroborated the claim and has declared that a deal could be formally wrapped up within the next forty-eight hours following O’Rourke’s tweet on Monday.

Starting with Hoppe, 20, it appears that Newcastle are the new favorites to sign the American forward who shone at the Gold Cup this summer and was one of the few bright spots during Schalke’s relegation from the Bundesliga last season.

The California native has been linked with a move to clubs across Europe and the latest report from Football Insider says Newcastle, Wolves and Brentford all want to sign Hoppe. The Magpies are probably his best bet for regular minutes

However…..

According to Turkish journalist Ekrem Konur, Everton are preparing to make a £2m offer for Schalke attacker Matthew Hoppe this month.

He claims that Toffees officials met with the German side to discuss a potential deal and learn their demands for his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.