Everton Summer transfers 2021

Simon Buttle

Player Valuation: £30m
Dumfries / Digne / McNeil crosses into the box

Richarlison from out wide cutting in

James or his inevitable replacement

Plenty to be excited about
We are going to need to have a bit more to offer than just crosses into the box mate, defenders these days just eat that sort of thing up, also the recent comments in regards to heading the ball is going to mean that i think you will see a lot more faster paced passing game along the ground rather loads of crosses.

Pat Butcher

Player Valuation: £8m
I would imagine we are making teams sweat and hoping prices come down as we get closer to deadline. Maybe for example Barca accept a loan with bo obligation for Lenglet etc.

I'd also posit that Benitez doesnt massively fancy Dumfries. Maybe he wants a more defensive fullback.
Dumfries is good but his technical ability is on par with Moussa Sissoko

Simon Buttle

Ironically, he apparently has a good, consistent record in "big" games v Bayern.

Anyway, he's not our player to talk about...
He tends to have a run of a few really good games then in the next few will do his Iceland tribute act of going invisible then the same again and so on. As you say he is not our player and i would prefer Diaby he is better imo

ForeverBlue92

Player Valuation: £70m
We are going to need to have a bit more to offer than just crosses into the box mate, defenders these days just eat that sort of thing up, also the recent comments in regards to heading the ball is going to mean that i think you will see a lot more faster paced passing game along the ground rather loads of crosses.

Can the authorities actually do anything about heading in a proper match mate?

I cant see how its enforced when corners and free kicks are largely based on hoofing the ball into the penalty area for someone to get their head on.

Think the PL would be on a loser if they suddenly stopped heading would be a farce to watch.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Massive and they struggled hugely without him in the last third of the season. To be fair to them they’ve been trying to cover the spread, Buendia is a good player, thought Traore really looked a good signing second half of the season too.

Theyve signed some good players but whether they automatically make up for Grealish is to be seen. You're right to say when he was out of the team, their form dipped. If I remember correctly it was bottom 6 form.

Simon Buttle

Can the authorities actually do anything about heading in a proper match mate?

I cant see how its enforced when corners and free kicks are largely based on hoofing the ball into the penalty area for someone to get their head on.

Think the PL would be on a loser if they suddenly stopped heading would be a farce to watch.
I have no idea how they are going to control it tbh, but it can't be a bad thing tbh it would at least rid the world of the likes of Allardyce and a few others and the dreaded hoof ball game

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
Goodison Park
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks