Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez must be a total masochist if he’s signed up to have a transfer warchest of £1.5m. He’s going to cop for shedloads of abuse at a very toxic goodison as we meander to mid-table unless there’s some serious investment on the right hand side at least (I was hoping for a pacey left footed centre half so we could play a higher line but I’m in la-la land with that dream it seems).

Assume the top brass thought they’d have sold kean by now to finance the transfer window but PSG were making noises re another loan months ago.

The recruitment team needs take a long hard look at itself - we’ve spent bucket loads in recent times and some of this dross we can’t even give away despite spending what would be close to other teams transfer records on some of them - very sobering.

At the moment, hes got to beat 59 points with effectively the same squad as Ancelotti had + 3 new signings.

He didnt need to sign those players and add another £150k ish onto the weekly wage bill. That was his decision.

We actually need a player in each of CB, RB, CM and RW to come in as starters.

You mentioned a LCB with pace so we can play a higher line. I agree and am surprised weve not tried flogging Keane -- someone would want him for £15-20mil. Even without a new CB we could have Branthwaite as 4th choice and use the money elsewhere.

If Benitez goes with "what hes got" along with his own signings then thats on him.

There should have been some creativity in transfer dealings this window.

At the moment, hes got to beat 59 points with effectively the same squad as Ancelotti had + 3 new signings.

He didnt need to sign those players and add another £150k ish onto the weekly wage bill. That was his decision.

You mentioned a LCB with pace so we can play a higher line. I agree and am surprised weve not tried flogging Keane -- someone would want him for £15-20mil. Even without a new CB we could have Branthwaite as 4th choice and use the money elsewhere.

If Benitez goes with "what hes got" along with his own signings then thats on him.

The window is still open and the new manager is just getting back from a tourney where he will have assessed the squad
Chill

….I know we all have players we don’t particularly take to, but Sigurdsson has been a starter for a succession of managers. I don’t think that qualifies him to be our worst signing.

Tosun and Bolasie came in for big money & don’t play, Delph and Bernard also on big bucks with no contribution.

I think that’s partly the reason why he’s been such a disastrous signing. The need to try and shoehorn him into the team has been more detrimental to us than anything else. Started nearly every game for 4 years and I would estimate he’s had 12-15 good games for us. A lot of the time he’s completely broken us as an attacking unit because he’s so slow and it takes him so long to bring a pass under control and get the ball out from under his spaghetti legs. Godawful player.

I think that’s partly the reason why he’s been such a disastrous signing. The need to try and shoehorn him into the team has been more detrimental to us than anything else. Started nearly every game for 4 years and I would estimate he’s had 12-15 good games for us. A lot of the time he’s completely broken us as an attacking unit because he’s so slow and it takes him so long to bring a pass under control and get the ball out from under his spaghetti legs. Godawful player.

….but he’s played, Mike, and for that reason i don’t think he’s anywhere near the worst signings.

He is just awful. He slows everything down and he struts around the pitch pointing sideways indicating the rest to follow his sideways style. He is the main reason we played so slow.
I remember 3/4 into last season and his through ball count stands at 1.

thank god he is not available to play, hopefully forever. Gray is much more progressive passer and forward thinking when it comes to launching counter.

So by the return to book price discussions once again, I take it there are no actual rumours/links today?
I came on here, saw the thread was at the top of the queue, and thought, yes, potential signings on the cards...

Alas, you are correct; there is nothing.

We're starting the season without further signings, that's what I expect. Nothing has changed in that respect. Another deadline day scramble looms, and even that may be limited.

We cannot sell our deadwood. It's as simple as that.

I think you need to consider how financially hamstrung we are when making judgements.

Also, I’m absolutely certain we are making moves to sell players, but its a buyers market at present. We can’t afford to sell at any price. Selling Kean for £20m will probably not generate a transfer kitty, it will only plug the financial hole. We neecc do to get as much as we can for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.