Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apart from a handful, it's painful reading.

Let's not rewrite history here.
the side he built at Liverpool was outstanding. two CL finals, he bought some amazing players, some duffers who he moved on, as does every manager. But how many managers buy excellent players and move them to world class? And how many times did he buy excellent players for buttons like Bellamy and Crouch. Buying and selling players is for us now a strength. He's better at it than Moyes, high praise indeed.

the side he built at Liverpool was outstanding. two CL finals, he bought some amazing players, some duffers who he moved on, as does every manager. But how many managers buy excellent players and move them to world class? And how many times did he buy excellent players for buttons like Bellamy and Crouch. Buying and selling players is for us now a strength. He's better at it than Moyes, high praise indeed.

Can you get your head out of his arse for 5 minutes.

I've probably been over harsh on both new players since we signed them, but only because I want us to improve. If either player is a regular starter for us next season, we're either in trouble or he has greatly exceeded my expectations.

Some people on here going a bit overboard after the other nights Florida game, but I saw nothing to change my mind on them. Townsend in particular showed what he's about with his effort that rattled the bar, and he may be more effective off the bench than any if last season's squad players were.

Anyway, here's hoping we bring in the 2 players we need whilst keeping hold of our better players. Keeping Gbamin fit may also be pivotal to our season by the way.
I think Townsend and Gray will be used most weeks but maybe not as starting players.

The manager also needs time to assess the players still. Last Sunday was his first time as manager really seeing how they performed.
I would guess that over the next couple of weeks he may change his mind about some of the players and want them out or maybe now wants them to stay.

I think Delph is gone if they can find a home for him.
I think Gomes, Iwobi, Gibson, and Kean depend on interest on other clubs , I think any reasonable bids will be accepted to lighten numbers and wage costs. and of course we have no idea what is happening with Jamez.. Tosun may also leave to save wages.
We still have not seen Mina, Richarlison, Pickford and DCL and we know there has been talk about the sales of both Mina and Richarlison.

The upshot of all that is that we want to sell players, we want to buy players, we may not be able to buy unless we sell first, the players we can sell are the ones we would like to keep , the ones we would like to sell can't be sold ... straightforward really.

If Real really pay us 75M or above for Rich in this two week, I would let him go. We really dont need a player who dont want to play for us. However, it seems it would not happen…

Mad that people are even considering selling richarlison, one of the two players that will actually score goals for us. On paper selling him for 80 million and using the funds to go out and buy bailey, Dumfries and Antony would make us far stronger but something like that won’t happen. We’re the club that sold lukaku and spent more than we got from his sale on sig, klaasen and lukakus replacement sandro.
When a player decides to leave it is hard to stop them, every post I have seen regarding his sales recognises that if Madrid come calling it will be difficult to keep him

Three years ago I didn’t even think Calvert was a footballer never mind a premier league level one. He completely proved me wrong, he’s averaged 20 goals a season over the last couple years which is good for anyone but to do it with iwobi, sig, and richarlison who more often than not will go for goal himself is some going, makes you wonder if we actually had players that got loads of assists and can create chances how many he’d get.

how can someone average 20 goals a season over the last couple of years when they have only ever scored 20 in a season. Once

When a player decides to leave it is hard to stop them, every post I have seen regarding his sales recognises that if Madrid come calling it will be difficult to keep him
Different ball game now though mate. The money we’d want to sell him only a handful of teams could afford it. I’ve seen haaland, mbappe and richarlison linked to Real Madrid in the last few days. Real are in serious financial trouble so wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t sign any of the three.

how can someone average 20 goals a season over the last couple of years when they have only ever scored 20 in a season. Once
He scored 15 goals in 19/20 season. 21 goals last season for us plus 4 for England. So 40 goals over the space of two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.