Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the stadium has anything to do with the lack of transfer funds, as moshiri has had to pay part of the build upfront

He's like the 4th choice last resort if we fail to get any of the other CB targets. Paratici works like this where he lines up 3 or 4 targets just in case.

Main target is Romero then Tomiyasu, Milenkovic and finally Zouma if all else fails.
You say that like he's discovered fire.

"Oh my god! We should take a leaf out of Paraticis book and have fall back targets"

said every professional club recruiting department.

I'm wondering if the stadium has anything to do with the lack of transfer funds, as moshiri has had to pay part of the build upfront
Think the majority of it is the financial rules to be honest. If they straighten up the books these next two years then the big spending will likely start again

I just hope they are losing Grealish otherwise they'll be waltzing past us this season.

Very impressive recruitment in recent seasons by the Villains meanwhile Brands splurged our budget on Iwobi, Gomes, Kean & Delph yet still some love the bloke.
DoF? Couldn't direct Sunday morning traffic.

I thought they relaxed the rules of the ffp due to covid
A bit. They allowed them to write off losses due to CoVID and combine years for the sake of the assessment, which gave them a bit of flexibility. The reality is though we've come out of a period where it is touch and go whether we complied, and can only really think of Villa that are in a similar predicament. Nobody has ever failed the assessment, bit if we spent big this summer again without selling we'd be certain to fail. The punishment given to EFL clubs for similar breaches has been points deductions... So they absolutely don't want to risk it unless there is further slackening of rules.

A bit. They allowed them to write off losses due to CoVID and combine years for the sake of the assessment, which gave them a bit of flexibility. The reality is though we've come out of a period where it is touch and go whether we complied, and can only really think of Villa that are in a similar predicament. Nobody has ever failed the assessment, bit if we spent big this summer again without selling we'd be certain to fail. The punishment given to EFL clubs for similar breaches has been points deductions... So they absolutely don't want to risk it unless there is further slackening of rules.
Somehow most people don’t think this applies to us. FFP has not gone away and it is shaping the shape of the summer transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.