Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought FFP rules wee brought in to stop rich clubs from buying all the top players and trying to level up teams to the same standard. Have you all seen how much money is being spent, or proposed to be spent for this coming season by lots of clubs, so why are we being so limited to how much we are allowed to spend, one rule for the rich and another for everybody else.

I thought FFP rules wee brought in to stop rich clubs from buying all the top players and trying to level up teams to the same standard. Have you all seen how much money is being spent, or proposed to be spent for this coming season by lots of clubs, so why are we being so limited to how much we are allowed to spend, one rule for the rich and another for everybody else.
I sound like a broken record at this point but I genuinely don't think FFP will be a worry for anyone this year. The teams that are spending now are confident that the PL clubs will vote to mitigate/delay/amend the rules for this year at least.

Not to mention the clubs in question - and I assume you're talking about United signing Sancho specifically - have massive commercial revenues. Some legit, like United's TeamViewer sponsorship, and some manufactured like City's sponsorships, stadium naming rights, etc.

Seeing some utter turds linked to come into midfield with rumours of Gomes and Delph off plus our No 10 not likely to be back anytime soon.

Rat Barkley - Never!
Harry Winks - £25m for a Davies/Cleverly Hybrid, no thanks!

I don't know why we haven't looked at Arsenal's Joe Willock - 8 goals in 15 for Newcastle and available for £20m.

Has a great turn of pace, strength and intellegence to get into the right places.

The only negative is he comes from Arsenal so instantly becomes terrible when he plays for us.

Whatever the intention was, it’s quite clear it has pulled the trapdoor up on any teams hoping to compete with the big clubs. Like the Super League claiming to benefit grass roots football, the idea that FFP safe guards clubs from going bankrupt is sugar coating to make the bitter pill of elite clubs entrenching their positions easier to swallow.

Seeing some utter turds linked to come into midfield with rumours of Gomes and Delph off plus our No 10 not likely to be back anytime soon.

Rat Barkley - Never!
Harry Winks - £25m for a Davies/Cleverly Hybrid, no thanks!

I don't know why we haven't looked at Arsenal's Joe Willock - 8 goals in 15 for Newcastle and available for £20m.

Has a great turn of pace, strength and intellegence to get into the right places.

The only negative is he comes from Arsenal so instantly becomes terrible when he plays for us.

if only we had a guy, (unfortunately, recently banned from Twitter,) to wind the geordies up with this one….. I dunno, maybe masquerading as a reporter from the athletic?

geordies are wide open

@chicoazul

I sound like a broken record at this point but I genuinely don't think FFP will be a worry for anyone this year. The teams that are spending now are confident that the PL clubs will vote to mitigate/delay/amend the rules for this year at least.

Not to mention the clubs in question - and I assume you're talking about United signing Sancho specifically - have massive commercial revenues. Some legit, like United's TeamViewer sponsorship, and some manufactured like City's sponsorships, stadium naming rights, etc.

I agree. I think our desire to offload a tonne of deadwood is underpinned by common sense rather than fears about FFP. Having a load of lard arses sitting on their backsides providing nothing of value is not an efficient use of resources. They would need shifting before we add yet more expense with or without FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.