Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cry and whinge and stomp around that Aston Villa are signing so-called decent players.

Now you're advocating Rondon as a decent signing

You need to decide which side of the fence you're on I think.

Difference between signing 1st team players and reliable squad players.

Unless you think top class players are coming to sit on our bench on 100k a week.

He's in China on mega bucks. He isn't coming here for £10k per week is he.

He'll happily come back to the prem on reasonable wages if Benitez calls him.

Whereas others expect peak Edin Dzeko coming in for £40 million on 100k a week happy to get 10-15 minutes a week off the bench its fantasy.

People need to judge the 1st team signings in our situation not squaddies like Townsend and Gray (and Rondon if he joins).

Rondos:
151 goals
44 assists
435 games
211 mins per goal with wba and the skunks

dcl
208 mins per goal
But your comparing a pro who has likely already peaked versus DCL who was just a kid who had some really good attributes but couldn’t hit a barn door until last season.
Find me a striker who can match DCLs scoring record last season, that’s who I want to sign for competition!

He'll happily come back to the prem on reasonable wages if Benitez calls him.

Whereas others expect peak Edin Dzeko coming in for £40 million on 100k a week happy to get 10-15 minutes a week off the bench its fantasy.

People need to judge the 1st team signings in our situation not squaddies like Townsend and Gray (and Rondon if he joins).

What if we only sign the likes of Townsend, Gray & Rondon? Do you still think they're decent signings then?

But your comparing a pro who has likely already peaked versus DCL who was just a kid who had some really good attributes but couldn’t hit a barn door until last season.
Find me a striker who can match DCLs scoring record last season, that’s who I want to sign for competition!
We all do, mate. However, find me a striker for free with a record like ghat who is willing to sit in the bench
I’ll wait

Status
Not open for further replies.