Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Villa have just twigged that PL clubs will vote to mitigate FFP somehow and have just had the Jerry Halls to act in advance. Grealish won’t go anywhere.
There were reports back in March that uefa was going to scrap FFP from 2022, replacing it with a system where clubs with excessive spending could be fined, but would not face being banned from competitions. I don't think there has been any update on this though. Villa's owners may be taking a calculated risk, as Man City had their expulsion from the champions league overturned, villa are possibly thinking they would do the same as a precedent has been set.

We really are a long, long way away. Last season was a freak season with no fans, our away record was false. You only had to have watched us play football to see there was more of a chasm between us and the top 4 than the points would suggest.
I don’t 100% agree with this - there was one style of football for us that was pretty successful just dull as dishwater. We just couldn’t function when the opposition sat back against us.

Aside from the results against the more moneyed teams I think back to Brighton away who up to that game had been prolific at creating chances and how we completely shut them down (we barely attacked either but that’s another matter).

I don’t see the overall style changing much more that we’re trying to add wide men who can travel distances with the ball when we’ll be playing on the counter away from home and also allowing us to switch the play quickly at home to try and and disrupt the opposition defence.

When arsenal built a new stadium they went stagnant, my worries are we might go down the same road ,but they were in a better position with players they had and soforth, if we did that trap door lurks with some of the squad we have, hopefully this is not the case ,especially if is mate is involved if you know what I mean.
We've been stagnant for over two decades mate.

He Is the most unreliable player ever. Luxury is good for a club like Real (even they were fed up with him ) not for a middle of the road club like Everton. The guy only plays when the sun shines, nobody touches him, the playstation is in the shop for reparation, he hasnt his period...
I wouldn't go that far. Some people on here called it before he joined; we'd only get half a season from him. In the games he plays he reliably splits teams wide open.

I'm more than willing to have Hamez doing beautiful things for just half a season. Life is too short, and our perpetual mid-table trophy is too boring, to do away with the beauty that Hamez brings.

It'll be a horrific shame if we get rid of him.

He is the most unreliable player ever. Luxury is good for a club like Real (even they were fed up with him ) not for a middle of the road club like Everton. The guy only plays when the sun shines, nobody touches him, the playstation is in the shop for reparation, he hasnt his period...
What a load of rubbish. If James is the most unreliable player ever what is Delph?

There were reports back in March that uefa was going to scrap FFP from 2022, replacing it with a system where clubs with excessive spending could be fined, but would not face being banned from competitions. I don't think there has been any update on this though. Villa's owners may be taking a calculated risk, as Man City had their expulsion from the champions league overturned, villa are possibly thinking they would do the same as a precedent has been set.

Think villa have a decent wage bill hence more freedom to spend. Shows how badly run we are

It's the premier league rules that they will fall foul of... Not UEFA. (Similar to Everton)

Agreed.

If Moshiri injected £150mil and we signed 4 top players then what punishment would we face?

Wolves got a european punishment so they couldnt have as many players registered for the squad.

We'd be surely better off with a smaller but high quality squad anyway.
There's no precedent in the premier league but the EFL rules are similar and significant points deductions are the punishment there.

Villa only got out of being punished when they were there by selling the stadium to their owner for 60M

Status
Not open for further replies.