Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season we were challenging for a top six position right up to the last couple of weekswe were on the peripheral of CL all season and lost out because we could not beat bad teams at home.

We really are not that far away

We really are a long, long way away. Last season was a freak season with no fans, our away record was false. You only had to have watched us play football to see there was more of a chasm between us and the top 4 than the points would suggest.

Last year we were easily at the top of the winning despite not playing well charts. Usually that catches up to you and that's why we fell off. And we're a long way from playing good football consistently.
Nobody said anything about playing good football.

I just want to win for two or three years which would mean success and this would make it easier to get better players and in time the standard of football will improve.

That is not going to happen overnight.

We were not playing well at times last season but the manager did nothing to change things around I remember so many comments on here about why Josh King could not even get a chance when so many players were simply not doing well but were picked every week.

He’s not going to stay at Burnley for ever, he will surely want to better himself and try for international caps. I wonder how long his deal is. I’d be surprised he re-signs
His stats at his club don’t suggest it’s worthwhile to pay that sum and most importantly, we don’t want players with no pace especially wingers.

so how come Villa can spend so much?

i get they have very rich owners but our commerical deals and revenue are much higher and they've spend bucket loads since being promoted

Nobody said anything about playing good football.

I just want to win for two or three years which would mean success and this would make it easier to get better players and in time the standard of football will improve.

That is not going to happen overnight.

We were not playing well at times last season but the manager did nothing to change things around I remember so many comments on here about why Josh King could not even get a chance when so many players were simply not doing well but were picked every week.
I mean good as in likely to win games not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.