Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
They paid £15m.
Thats interesting. I mean broadly speaking thats likely what he's worth. Considering our financial situation though I wouldnt want us to pay that for him. Although I doubt they take anything less.
I don’t mind Adams as much as most in here. But it’s very unambitious. He’s 26 and what you see is what you get. 5-10 goals a lot running around. He can be a handful for defenders because he’s got a good combination of strength and speed. But his finishing ability has never caught up and it’d be silly to expect to now.

If he’s available for cheap I get it. Southampton are in trouble as is, I doubt they just lend him to us. Just like a lot of these guys we’re targeting, it’d have to be him plus someone else who can chip in goals.
Didnt know he was 26. Seems like some unwise business compared to options on the continent to me.

Adams isn't terrible or anything, and could do an Okazaki-type job for a goal-scoring partner, but the way things are looking with DCL, he could very well end up playing up front on his own a lot here.
Yeah, Adams just isn't really cut out for a regular lone striker but he does other things really quite well. But if you could get him AND Broja (or similar big lad) then suddenly I like the range of options and combinations we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.