Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t even need to be said, but have to get a striker in this week. Needs to be a quick deal. Can’t wait on Broja obviously so hopefully we’ve got other irons in the fire and can close it this weekend.

Issue is there isn't many top forward type players around in our price range.

Why Cornet would have made a lot of sense he'll have done much more up top than Gordon today.

@Neiler

He would mate, we looked infinitely better when we went to a three up front, with Dele as a focal point, Cornet woukd have offered something defo, but the ship has sailed.

One thing is clear, we need either inside forwards or 9, because we weren’t scoring or creating if we had been trying there today for a year. Wing and a prayer stuff!

Will the injury’s change are transfer targets. If we want to play 5 at the back all season I think it might. We desperately need a striker tho.

if we can but 2 new midfielders (Gana and Onana) and 2 defenders (Tarkowski and possibly Coady) we need to improve the attack with 2 players. 1 ideally woh can play through the middle or out wide and a back up like Batshuayi

Imperative we sell Gomes, Mina or Keane. Dele Ali I don't know what can be done with him
Why would anyone pay money for a player who is constantly is some state Of disrepair?

The other two just aren’t any good, that will make it challenging to sell them too (Keane less so than Gomes)

The real shame will be if we have to pay the rest of the Dele money. I’d get him out somehow now. He doesn’t fit into our current formation and is not an adequate understudy for Dom.

Will the injury’s change are transfer targets. If we want to play 5 at the back all season I think it might. We desperately need a striker tho.
It shouldn't really. If Coady was being targeted as a loan already that just needs to continue to be pushed for. With the remaining CBs, the addition of Coady and the option of Myko / Coleman as a CB in a 3 we'll still be fine for numbers. It has to be pedal to the metal now for a centre forward by next weekend.

Anyone else think Chelsea were pop-corning us today bringing on Gallachar and Broja for a few mins at the end? Both did little so hopefully knock a few mill off the bill?
I’m hoping that it might be a bit of a wake up call to those at the club and some of the fans as well to maybe move on from them as targets. Gallagher especially as his move has never made any sense coming here. Think Broja will probably get plenty time off the bench for them as well at least.

Hopefully the club have other forwards that they’re looking at, can’t have another Kurt Zouma situation where we chase a player for the whole summer that we never had a chance of getting and then being left short in a crucial area because of it.

Still like to see more creativity in midfield as well as a striker. Unless we get Broja on loan, hard to see how we have a budget for all of the positions we're looking to fill. And can we wait to the end of the window on him in our predicament. They are in a very difficult position.

We'll do more business but there will still be holes at the end and we were never going to fill them all anyway. But we have to add a striker as a matter of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.