Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a #6.

He's also hurt a lot.
Screenshot_20220701-230258_Chrome.jpg

Seen a lot worse than that.

Given how many positions we need to fill, I think that he could be a really good option for us at that price. He's a decent player, with a good engine but is really injury prone.

I would have chosen Doucoure who Palace have just snapped up, or Camara who is about to go to Leeds if I was looking for a DM from a 'lesser' league, but Adams would be a good option at that price. He isn't really a 'sitter' though, he likes to press and carry the ball forward. If we got a couple of more mobile midfielders around him it could work. Of the ones we have been linked with, if the club could do something like: Gallagher on loan, Zinchenko and Adams, with our existing midfielders to rotate in when necessary, that should be enough to keep us comfortably away from the relegation zone. Which is something I'm genuinely worried about.

Given how many positions we need to fill, I think that he could be a really good option for us at that price. He's a decent player, with a good engine but is really injury prone.

I would have chosen Doucoure who Palace have just snapped up, or Camara who is about to go to Leeds if I was looking for a DM from a 'lesser' league, but Adams would be a good option at that price. He isn't really a 'sitter' though, he likes to press and carry the ball forward. If we got a couple of more mobile midfielders around him it could work. Of the ones we have been linked with, if the club could do something like: Gallagher on loan, Zinchenko and Adams, with our existing midfielders to rotate in when necessary, that should be enough to keep us comfortably away from the relegation zone. Which is something I'm genuinely worried about.
He was not injured much last season. Sometimes players struggle with injuries when they are developing physically at the start of their career and then grow out of it. Never forget Stevie Starfish seemed to be injured alot in his teens and early twenties. Also remember Julian Lescott came to us with huge question marks over his injury record

Status
Not open for further replies.