Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have actively avoided this thread for the last 10 weeks.

Now that our status is confirmed, I look forward to being destroyed by the hope and misery that this thread consistently delivers.

I suspect we will lose one of DCL, Richie and Pickford - they all go with blessing to chase trophies. It's a win-win if they help to fund the rebuild.

The only players in the squad that we can build around are: Godfrey, Branthwaite, Myko, Patterson, Iwobi, Gordon, Gray, Dele, Richarlison

I think all of those will stay, along with: Doucoure, Allan, Coleman, 1 x Holgate or Keane, Begovic

Leave/Open to offers: Gomes, Davies, Mina, 1 x Holgate or Keane, Delph, Kenny, Tosun, Rondon, Townsend

A defining transfer window this will be, good luck Kevin.

Brennan Johnson and Connor Gallagher please.

Be interesting to see what happens with richarlison and DCL. That’d be the majority of our goal threat needing to be replaced…

Priority for me has to be centre midfield where we need a complete overhaul and at least one commanding centre back that can stay fit.

There’s a lot of very good free agents this summer, I think we need to look into them.

Mostly I’d like to see a mix of experience and youth coming into the team, some proper leaders with experience and some talented hungry youngsters would be just what we need

Camping in here for the next 2 months or so.

Who we getting? Who we jettisoning into the fiery embrace of the sun via a giant space catapult?

Too good for us, but not for Forest???

I know they won the European Cup twice but they've not been top division for 20 years or so.

Didn't mean it quite like that. I just think the best thing for him if they go up would be to play a year with them in the PL and then he'll be more ready for a big move.

I'd be astonished if we managed to keep a hold of Richarlison, DCL or Pickford. I think it's likely that they're all leaving, but they leave with my best wishes. Predicting Richarlison to Man Utd, DCL to Newcastle and Pickford to Spurs.

Coleman, Allan, Gomes, Jonjoe Kenny, Davies, Rondon, Tosun, Delph - I think the time is right for these to move on. (Either not good enough, age catching up with them, or injury prone.)

Which leaves;
Holgate, Godfrey, Keane, Branthwaite, Mina, Patterson, Mykolenko, Doucoure, Gray, Gordon, Dele Alli, Gbamin, Iwobi, Townsend, Simms, Dobbin - Some good players in there. But needs a lot of work over the summer and a better team built around them.

Didn't mean it quite like that. I just think the best thing for him if they go up would be to play a year with them in the PL and then he'll be more ready for a big move.
They can't really do that though as they need to sell him if they want to keep the likes of Spence and Garner who are only on loan there.

Brennan J, Connor G and Billy G would be very astute signings

If notts forest dont get promoted prob looking at 25-30 mil for Brennan J

Billy G should be around 10-15 mil imo

Connor G will be the difficult one, could see chelsea demanding between 30-40 mil for him

Doubt our budget allows big "statement signings" like Gallagher, and I honestly don't see why he would want to join us at all. We need to be more creative and prudent with money spent on players

Status
Not open for further replies.