Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We never had many goals around the team under Moyes bar 1 who'd get 10 and the rest picking up 5 or so.

Just think that we go replacing like for like or saying we need another 10 goal a season player along side Dom etc without fixing our midfield and general lack of creativity...I'd rather the money was spent on function.

And don't forget...he gets a tune out of Alli...there's 10+ for you too.

I think we need to fix the midfield.

I shared this last month about Calvert-Lewin;

"Calvert-Lewin alone was presented with 31 big chances last season, when he didn't take penalties. This season he's had 6, 3 from open play, 3 penalties. And, the worst part - Everton's entire squad have only had 28 big chances between them."

We're 19th for chances created, only Norwich worse.

20th for 'big chances missed'

Just dont create anything

Rodriguez, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Digne etc were all the providers/creating chances. We took them out and look what happened - only Norwich created less chances last season.

Richarlison created more assists for us than anyone else last season.

We can't keep taking out the players who create;

I actually think it's simple.

He's at his best when he's basically a 'goal-hanger'

Ancelotti knew the score. Told him to stay near the goal. Calvert-Lewin is a very decent poacher. He's not good at bringing others in to play, and he's not going to score outside the box. I think most would agree with that...

The issue we have at the moment is then is....

1. We're so bad, we're not creating anything at all. He used to have a threat coming in from Digne, or even Sigurdsson/Rodriguez. Digne/Sigurdsson/Walcott/Richarlison topped chances created in 2019/20 when he scored 13 league goals. In 2020/21, It was Digne, Rodriguez, Richarlison and Sigurdsson when he scored 16 league goals.

Who is creating chances now in this Everton team? Iwobi is 2nd (joint with Gray) for chances created in the league this season, after Richarlison.

2. His fitness isn't there, and I suspect his form/confidence is really low. Often the two are hand in hand.

With no alternatives - we need to play him into form and fitness. We need to find someway of actually creating something for him. He gets sod all from the full backs. Put him in Aston Villa's team with two full backs who can actually cross a ball, and a playmaker in Coutinho and and you'd see him scoring.

Everton are experts at setting players up to fail.

Calvert-Lewin has made, what? 9 appearances this season. Come on...

Zinchenko winks then hopefully a dm gives us alot options we need more depth into midfield. Really hope the club can make the right moves

Status
Not open for further replies.