Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't Frank stated that he wants to build the team around DCL, so it looks like Dele is someone who could compliment DCL

Havent seen Lampard saying anything about individual players. Although Alli could complement DCL because of DCL's hold up play and Alli's ability to 'run beyond'.

We'll have to see if and how long it takes them to gel.

Lampard got the best out of his forwards at Chelsea with an average of around 2 goals scored per game so hopefully this transfers to our players.

How much is 'big money' ?

I saw this on the best young players in the championship, Carvalho wasnt mentioned.

The boy Hill at Fleetwood has been highly rated for a while now.

Would Gilmour go to a tribunal at the end of next season if he refused to sign an extension?

I suspect Chelsea may ask £10-15mil as you suggest, but perhaps with a buy back clause. That would be ok if it was £40-50mil+ and only active for two seasons.

Its unlikely he gets chances ahead of Kante/Jorginho.

As for Conor Gallagher, on the one hand I suspect they would want him in the squad now. But they have Kovacic, Havertz and Mount so they may be willing to loan out for a season or sell for the right price.

It wouldnt shock me to see him as our najor summer signing provided we can move squad players on.

Looking at what we have now, i think we need:

A starting Centre back, Defensive midfielder and a box to box midfielder.

--we could tick two of those off with Gilmour and Gallagher.

An influx of young, high potential squad players needed to freshen things up.

If Alli can get his head together and his form back then we could do with a young player to rotate with him, and another for DCL.

We may be able to get away with those 5 players in the summer.

If Richarlison was sold then out wide we would have Gray, Gordon and Dobbin (plus Townsend and Iwobi). We could do with another player coming in there.

The good thing is that both this and next summer there are some very good players out of contract.
On my opinion assuming Richy is sold, but DCL stays, Keane or Mina leaves (one not both) and Holgate goes

And we retain all major first team players (not including Coleman, Gomes)

Then realistically looking through the squad, we would need the following.

Cover at lb/rb, we have Nkoukou returning this summer from Leige, so rb effectively.

Centre back we need at least one better than we have (mina aside) Sarr from Chelsea as an option. We have Godfrey, Braithwaite who hopefully develop.

We need a 'pivot' midfielder - Gilmour the obvious candidate as he's done it for Lampard before, then one or two more midfielders depending on Ali and if we manage to keep VdB (VdB and Gallacher)

We need another quality forward - Broja again another option there.

If Richy went I'd honestly just look at Sarr, Gilmour, Gallagher and Broja from Chelsea it'd probably cost us 100m or more but would massively strengthen us right through the spine of the team.

How much is 'big money' ?

I saw this on the best young players in the championship, Carvalho wasnt mentioned.

The boy Hill at Fleetwood has been highly rated for a while now.

Would Gilmour go to a tribunal at the end of next season if he refused to sign an extension?

I suspect Chelsea may ask £10-15mil as you suggest, but perhaps with a buy back clause. That would be ok if it was £40-50mil+ and only active for two seasons.

Its unlikely he gets chances ahead of Kante/Jorginho.

As for Conor Gallagher, on the one hand I suspect they would want him in the squad now. But they have Kovacic, Havertz and Mount so they may be willing to loan out for a season or sell for the right price.

It wouldnt shock me to see him as our najor summer signing provided we can move squad players on.

Looking at what we have now, i think we need:

A starting Centre back, Defensive midfielder and a box to box midfielder.

--we could tick two of those off with Gilmour and Gallagher.

An influx of young, high potential squad players needed to freshen things up.

If Alli can get his head together and his form back then we could do with a young player to rotate with him, and another for DCL.

We may be able to get away with those 5 players in the summer.

If Richarlison was sold then out wide we would have Gray, Gordon and Dobbin (plus Townsend and Iwobi). We could do with another player coming in there.

The good thing is that both this and next summer there are some very good players out of contract.
They want between £20-30m for him

My view:

6 Out of contract:

• Sigurdsson (100.000£)
  • Tosun (60.000£)
  • Kenny (15.000£)
  • Delph (80.000£)
  • Begovic ???
  • Lonergan ???
That will free up wages around 3 mil. each week which is pretty much.

5 To sell or being released:
  • Holgate (15 mil.)
  • Gbamin (10 mil.)
  • Iwobi (10 mil. - or zero?!)
  • Rondon (will probably be released)
  • Allan (15 mil. - i think he will be sold in order to free up money for a #6)
Best case scenario: Total income of 50 mil.
Worst/realistic case scenario: Income of 30 mil. and we still stuck with Gbamin & Iwobi

2 Loans expire:
  • Van De Beek (120.000£)
  • El Ghazi (30.000£)

Free up 150.000£ in weekly wages.

Total amount of players: 21

Squad Overlook:

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer or Crellin
RB: Patterson / Coleman
CB: Godfrey / Keane
CB: Mina / Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou (Godfrey)
DM: ??? / ???
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Onyango
AM: Alli / ?
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Dobbin
RF: Gray / Townsend

Think it is pretty obvious, that we will have a very busy summer. We desperately need reinforcements in the #6-position (which is key in Lampards 4-3-3-). Furthermore there are serious questionmarks regarding our left back-situation and no. #10-position if Dele Alli performs poorly.

4 prioritized must buys:

- #6-position (key-area)
- Backup to a #6-position
- Replacement for DvB (#8-position)
- Backup for Dele Alli in #10-position (Replacement for Gylfi)

Thoughts:

Left back-situation:

If Nkounkou turns out to be utterly crap, I think Godfrey will cover for Mykolenko and the club will be looking for a new CB or we would keep hold of Holgate. I trust Ashley Cole and Baines to be perfect guidance in this area.

Young Guns:
I think and hope that surely Gordon and perhaps Dobbin and Onyango will explode under the management of Frank Lampard.

On my opinion assuming Richy is sold, but DCL stays, Keane or Mina leaves (one not both) and Holgate goes

And we retain all major first team players (not including Coleman, Gomes)

Then realistically looking through the squad, we would need the following.

Cover at lb/rb, we have Nkoukou returning this summer from Leige, so rb effectively.

Centre back we need at least one better than we have (mina aside) Sarr from Chelsea as an option. We have Godfrey, Braithwaite who hopefully develop.

We need a 'pivot' midfielder - Gilmour the obvious candidate as he's done it for Lampard before, then one or two more midfielders depending on Ali and if we manage to keep VdB (VdB and Gallacher)

We need another quality forward - Broja again another option there.

If Richy went I'd honestly just look at Sarr, Gilmour, Gallagher and Broja from Chelsea it'd probably cost us 100m or more but would massively strengthen us right through the spine of the team.

Well, we have to sell Mina due to his contract having one year left + his injury problems + we have to sell Keane as hes dreadful.

I'd be comfortable sticking with Godfrey and Branthwaite. Then adding one star centre back + a young player -- @catcherintherye mentioned Colwill from Chelsea who is on loan at Huddersfield and by all accounts looks class.

Then like you say, a 'pivot' which would mean two deep midfielders for depth and competition. Also a young player to provide competition for Alli...then possibly more of a technical player than Doucoure for the box to box role.

Again, agreed another centre forward.

Thats just looking at the spine...

1 first choice centre back
1 centre back to develop
1 first choice deep playmaker
1 box to box player
1 deep defensive midfielder
1 young attacking midfielder
1 young centre forward to develop

So, for me just in the spine of the team we need 7 new players.

11 out Mina, Keane, Holgate, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, Gomes, Tosun, Rondon, Allan and Iwobi (adding him as he claims 10 is his best position lol )

To throw some names around:

CB: Colwill + one starter
DM: Gilmour + Kamara / Tchouameni / Luiz
CM: Gallagher / Gravenberch
AM: Wirtz / Ketelaere
CF: Broja / Gouiri

If by some miracle were clear of FFP then three dream signings...

Bellingham
Valverde
Kounde

You never know with Lampard.

They want between £20-30m for him

Seems very high, is he 'that' good? Saw his youtube clips and doesnt seem rapid like Brennan Johnson...whats his strengths, whose he like?

My view:

6 Out of contract:

• Sigurdsson (100.000£)
  • Tosun (60.000£)
  • Kenny (15.000£)
  • Delph (80.000£)
  • Begovic ???
  • Lonergan ???
That will free up wages around 3 mil. each week which is pretty much.

5 To sell or being released:
  • Holgate (15 mil.)
  • Gbamin (10 mil.)
  • Iwobi (10 mil. - or zero?!)
  • Rondon (will probably be released)
  • Allan (15 mil. - i think he will be sold in order to free up money for a #6)
Best case scenario: Total income of 50 mil.
Worst/realistic case scenario: Income of 30 mil. and we still stuck with Gbamin & Iwobi

2 Loans expire:
  • Van De Beek (120.000£)
  • El Ghazi (30.000£)

Free up 150.000£ in weekly wages.

Total amount of players: 21

Squad Overlook:

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer or Crellin
RB: Patterson / Coleman
CB: Godfrey / Keane
CB: Mina / Branthwaite
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou (Godfrey)
DM: ??? / ???
CM: Doucoure / Gomes / Onyango
AM: Alli / ?
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL / Dobbin
RF: Gray / Townsend

Think it is pretty obvious, that we will have a very busy summer. We desperately need reinforcements in the #6-position (which is key in Lampards 4-3-3-). Furthermore there are serious questionmarks regarding our left back-situation and no. #10-position if Dele Alli performs poorly.

4 prioritized must buys:

- #6-position (key-area)
- Backup to a #6-position
- Replacement for DvB (#8-position)
- Backup for Dele Alli in #10-position (Replacement for Gylfi)

Thoughts:

Left back-situation:

If Nkounkou turns out to be utterly crap, I think Godfrey will cover for Mykolenko and the club will be looking for a new CB or we would keep hold of Holgate. I trust Ashley Cole and Baines to be perfect guidance in this area.

Young Guns:
I think and hope that surely Gordon and perhaps Dobbin and Onyango will explode under the management of Frank Lampard.

I dont mean to nitpick but if Coleman, Keane and Gomes are in the squad getting games then we're playing with 10 men.

Agree on most of the rest

Koulibaly like Mina has one year remaining on his contract.

I wonder if we could offer Napoli a swap deal with £10-15mil going their way?

Well, we have to sell Mina due to his contract having one year left + his injury problems + we have to sell Keane as hes dreadful.

I'd be comfortable sticking with Godfrey and Branthwaite. Then adding one star centre back + a young player -- @catcherintherye mentioned Colwill from Chelsea who is on loan at Huddersfield and by all accounts looks class.

Then like you say, a 'pivot' which would mean two deep midfielders for depth and competition. Also a young player to provide competition for Alli...then possibly more of a technical player than Doucoure for the box to box role.

Again, agreed another centre forward.

Thats just looking at the spine...

1 first choice centre back
1 centre back to develop
1 first choice deep playmaker
1 box to box player
1 deep defensive midfielder
1 young attacking midfielder
1 young centre forward to develop

So, for me just in the spine of the team we need 7 new players.

11 out Mina, Keane, Holgate, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, Gomes, Tosun, Rondon, Allan and Iwobi (adding him as he claims 10 is his best position lol )

To throw some names around:

CB: Colwill + one starter
DM: Gilmour + Kamara / Tchouameni / Luiz
CM: Gallagher / Gravenberch
AM: Wirtz / Ketelaere
CF: Broja / Gouiri

If by some miracle were clear of FFP then three dream signings...

Bellingham
Valverde
Kounde

You never know with Lampard.

Seems very high, is he 'that' good? Saw his youtube clips and doesnt seem rapid like Brennan Johnson...whats his strengths, whose he like?

I dont mean to nitpick but if Coleman, Keane and Gomes are in the squad getting games then we're playing with 10 men.

Agree on most of the rest
Yeah the problem with Johnson is he goes missing though, he barely touched the ball in the 90mins against Cardiff the other day and that happens fairly often which I think is probably the reason it's only the Brentfords of this world looking at him at the moment. KLP can score goals and create them, he can go past people, he is still learning tbh and I will be interested to see if anyone moves for him in the summer. Colwill is easily the most talented youngster in the championship, I don't see Chelsea letting him go easy, still only 18 and he is quality already.

Yeah the problem with Johnson is he goes missing though, he barely touched the ball in the 90mins against Cardiff the other day and that happens fairly often which I think is probably the reason it's only the Brentfords of this world looking at him at the moment. KLP can score goals and create them, he can go past people, he is still learning tbh and I will be interested to see if anyone moves for him in the summer. Colwill is easily the most talented youngster in the championship, I don't see Chelsea letting him go easy, still only 18 and he is quality already.

Didnt know that about Johnson, still only 21 in May so alot of potential to work with.

Colwill looks like being another Reece James type. In terms of going on loan, coming back and breaking into the first team at a young age...and going onto the England setup.

If anyone will know these players it will be Lampard and his backroom staff -- who will also likely know the Chelsea targets at youth level as well. If Cole joins then he'll know the internal feelings at England u21 level about younger players as well so we'll have all the info on who the upcoming high potential youngsters are.

What I would like to see is Branthwaite especially getting more games now. Then also someone like Colwill being signed, even for a hefty fee. That way we have the two long term centre backs at the club to develop.

I think Pickford, Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Godfrey and Patterson will all benefit from playing a higher line on the front foot in an attacking team.

Add Nkounkou and two more high potential players at CB and RB along with an experienced leader at CB and the foundation is there to build on.

Posters will disagree, but i think we can shift Keane, Holgate and Mina out this summer window if we negotiate structured deals in the worst case.

If we can do all that and sort out the defensive midfield position then I think we'll be nicely placed.

Big question mark for me would be does Ali rediscover his form and does VdB play well enough thst we want to buy him.

Assuming a sale of Richy for 70m you'd be looking at roughly that to invest. Although feel we'd be very active in shipping out anyone who doesn't adjust to Lampards system, so maybe looking at 100m or circa that.

One left field consideration with Lampard is how we might use the loan market.

I believe we get 4 spaces, 2 from domestic loans. Managers, especially managers who have managed Lampard (who was a model pro) will be very happy to send players his way IMO.

We are talking hypothetical here, but let's say we could get Gallagher, VDB (for 12 months) Jovic and say Diallo from PSG. That will be a very low cost way for us essentially resolve a lot of the key areas in the squad.

As you say, being sensible about recruitment will also be important moving forward. Gilmour has 1 year left, so will probably be available at a reasonable price. From Chelsea I'd love to see us go after Sterling on a free (and move Holgate on to replace him) and I'd consider Nketia from Arsenal on a free. These would all be players who would improve under Lampard, without requiring huge outlay.

As you say, we may be able to get them all in for less than the fee from Richarlison (I appreciate wages are a consideration).

Status
Not open for further replies.