Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clock is ticking. Clearly there are a few ‘balls’ in the air and Thewell is trying to juggle the options as the transfer window draws closer. Feel confident we’ll bring in two forwards. Who, not sure!
Still checking every 5 mins for news like most people, but we should trust the process.
Brentford played two strikers up top yesterday and 3 in midfield. We can copy that formation once we have a proper number 9 in the team.

Every day that goes by makes the manger's job even harder. It would be good to have some communication from the board and DOF to explain what on earth their strategy is. They are sleepwalking us into another relegation battle through their total ineptitude.

If this happenned at other established top flight clubs then heads would roll but we get shrugs of the shoulders at this club and people shout bedwetter to imply they are some kind of better fan.

Every day that goes by makes the manger's job even harder. It would be good to have some communication from the board and DOF to explain what on earth their strategy is. They are sleepwalking us into another relegation battle through their total ineptitude.

If this happenned at other established top flight clubs then heads would roll but we get shrugs of the shoulders at this club and people shout bedwetter to imply they are some kind of better fan.
I don't think anyone thinks they're a better fan than you, it's just that you post the same rant on every page. Personally I think things are not as dark as you think they are. But there's no point discussing it with you as I already know exactly how you'll respond as you've repeated it every day for a month.

I don't think anyone thinks they're a better fan than you, it's just that you post the same rant on every page. Personally I think things are not as dark as you think they are. But there's no point discussing it with you as I already know exactly how you'll respond as you've repeated it every day for a month.

He’s being proven right though, as he was last season when people were shouting down talk of us being in a relegation battle

You seen the state of some other clubs. 2 games in is hardly time to judge the strategy however you might perceive it. You can't legislate for DCL injury. I firmly believe we have 6pts right now with him in the side.

I'm only repeating it because I'm becoming increasingly worried and am struggling to believe we haven't replaced Richarlison yet. If you had told me 6 weeks ago that we wouldn't have made a forward signing id have been gobsmacked.

I dont take any pleasure in my negativity being proven right. I want the club to prove me wrong as soon as possible

Lampard has said he expects us stronger in the next two weeks, meaning players will come in. Yes we should have got a striker in faster but we needed players in defence, midfield. Is a big game next saturday you i am sure we will have a striker in by the next game i also think gana will be done.

The clock is ticking. Clearly there are a few ‘balls’ in the air and Thewell is trying to juggle the options as the transfer window draws closer. Feel confident we’ll bring in two forwards. Who, not sure!
Still checking every 5 mins for news like most people, but we should trust the process.
Brentford played two strikers up top yesterday and 3 in midfield. We can copy that formation once we have a proper number 9 in the team.

I could not help watch that game and think what a transformation Toney would make to our side

Frank has to take some of the blame for yesterday.
Gerrard said he targetted our back 3 - which he clearly did. Patt & Myko were not tight enough and we were leaving massive holes in the middle as Doucoure and Iwobi were overrun.
McNeil and Gray were poor - but the mistake of playing Gordon as a 9 was repeated. He cannot play that role. It's not fair on him but he is still a lightweight. That game was crying out for a big CF who could hold the ball up. Rondon isn't a world beater but given our options he was the only sensible choice. It was obvious when he was brought on. If he persists with that starting front 3 at home to Forest my gast will be flabbered. It's a game we must win.

Status
Not open for further replies.