Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's going well. 100% loss rate so far.
Agree but then again our away form has been dreadful for year's we weren't abysmal today just paid for errors defensively and had no threat until the last ten. Anyway they have to sign a forward this week or Lamps is being thrown under the bus like many before him at this club

How come Buendia - a midfielder - is able to waltz behind our three central defenders to slot home, yet our squad full of midfielders cannot score a goal between them?
True. I was thinking about that before the game. We have no forward which is a problem. It is also a problem if you have a forward and nobody else in the side contributes goals during the season

We turned the ball over and they attacked right away. He was high up and got in the box. That's how you do it.
But we're supposed to have lightning fast wingers in Gordon and Gray who can cause problems to any defence. Surely they ought to be able to muster up some decent efforts on goal.

Both of them did muster decent efforts today. Sometimes they don't go in.
Pretty sure Gray cocked up a relatively simple effort that fell to his feet five yards out, and Gordon just shot directly at the keeper twice near the end. These are professional football players who can't even do the basics right.

Pretty sure Gray cocked up a relatively simple effort that fell to his feet five yards out, and Gordon just shot directly at the keeper twice near the end. These are professional football players who can't even do the basics right.
Yes he did do that too tbf.

Scoring has never been the basics. That's why they pay 50m plus for the guys who do it.

Yes he did do that too tbf.

Scoring has never been the basics. That's why they pay 50m plus for the guys who do it.
Not scoring, I'm not expecting any of our midfielders to get 10 goals this season, but you've got to do a lot better than just hit the ball at the goalkeeper. Play it across him, make him get down and make the save, make a smarter decision and pass the ball to a team mate instead of just shooting from some tight angle where you're never going to score from. If you gave any of Gordon, Gray or McNeil 100 one-on-ones each I bet they'd score fewer than 15 goals each. I've no confidence in any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.