More than likely

Pickford
Mina
Richy
DCL are all gone this summer.

Tarkovski
Sarr
Dallas

Are some players that wouldn't be bad to bring in...

No idea about a keeper or striker to bring in though

More than likely

Pickford
Mina
Richy

Tarkovski
Sarr
Dallas

I can't express how bad of a window that would be

Also worth noting that Stuart Dallas has just broke his leg and might not play football again for 12 months, by which time he'll be 32.

I can't express how bad of a window that would be

Also worth noting that Stuart Dallas has just broke his leg and might not play football again for 12 months, by which time he'll be 32.
Yeah I agree, it would be a horrible window for us, however I can't see it being any other way, since mina came back we look more solid at the back and because of that Pickford has more confidence, he's been brilliant and keeping us up

Would rather buy lower teams best players than higher teams worst.

Agreed , but that’s like saying I would rather be locked in a cage withh to a hungry tiger rather than a hungry lion.

I would rather sign good young players and develop them, and have some sort of actual recruitment policy rather than just signing whoever becomes available and convincing them to sign by offering massive contracts.

Players in the lookman mould , he was not a success on the pitch for us but we still made money, same with Vlasic, DCL will be the same. Players that have work rate and technical skill, footballing intelligence etc. not just whoever looked the least crap in the team that just went down or narrowly survived.

I’m not interested in players like sarr, McNeil , denis etc if we are buying lower level players explore the championship but I would be looking at nobody over the age of 25 unless someone exceptional is keen to join ( which I think we can agree is not likely)

We need a sustainable business model and something that allows frank to mould players into what he wants and sell the ones he can’t, but not taking huge financial hits when he does

More than likely

Pickford
Mina
Richy

Tarkovski
Sarr
Dallas

Mina will only have a year left on his contract I think, imagine we will just hang onto him, and try to get rid of one of the poorer center halfs.

Think we will keep Pickford just as theres nowhere for him to move to really, he wouldn't go to Newcastle and none of the top 6 seem to be in the market for a keeper.

Can see clubs coming in for Calvert-Lewin and Richie though

Id nearly hang onto to DCL for another season to be honest, given his performers and injuries this year he's not at what we could get for him at top market value and be a pain to replace. Unless someone comes in and gives us something stupid.

Wouldnt be opposed to flipping Tosun 's squad place and looking at someone like Batshuyi on a free, who has worked with Frank or id go hard for Nketiah if he decides to leave Arsenal who is also on a free, Brereton Diaz is also on a free meaning wed have DCL, Rondon and another. While we could focus likely limited funds we have for the summer elsewhere.

Last edited:

Providing we stay up, I would love to see the following revolution take place:

Out:
Mina, Alli, Rondon, Townsend, Kean, Gomes, Gbamin, one of Holgate/Keane, Allan

Out of contract and released:
Sigurdsson, Kenny, Tosun, Delph, Lonergan

That's 13 players out, but only really four who need directly replacing (Allan, Mina, Keane, Delph), and an absolutely monumental saving on wages.

In:
1x explosive winger
1x physical and athletic centre half
1x deep-lying centre midfielder
1x creative central midfielder
1x striker

Keane has to go for me especially given the West Ham links.

Bizarre to keep him and move on Mina.

I think it will be Keane and DCL who are cashed in on and hopefully that will give a reasonable budget. I would've put Iwobi in that list 3 weeks back but in fairness he's fitting well into the system now although still not convinced he could play at this level for 30 games next season but it's a start at least.

Need to hang onto likes of Richarlison at all costs but if he goes another difficult season in store next year.

Lampard has decent connections now, I'm sure like of Tammy Abraham and Tomori would love to play for him again one day given he was the manager who gave both a proper go at Chelsea but that's a few years off given they're both doing well in Serie A.

Billy Gilmour more realistic but hasn't done much at all for Norwich.

I notice Tariq Lamptey hasn't played much at Brighton in recent times....wouldn't that be a really exciting signing for RWB given the Chelsea link.

Just not Gilmour he doesn’t even start that much for a 20th team.
Means absolutely nothing. Barkley couldn't get a game for Sheffield Wednesday, Harry Kane useless at Millwall. Gilmour is better than anything we have, kid can keep possession, apart from his mother's choice of the team she supports I'm all for it.

Keane has to go for me especially given the West Ham links.

Bizarre to keep him and move on Mina.

I think it will be Keane and DCL who are cashed in on and hopefully that will give a reasonable budget. I would've put Iwobi in that list 3 weeks back but in fairness he's fitting well into the system now although still not convinced he could play at this level for 30 games next season but it's a start at least.

Need to hang onto likes of Richarlison at all costs but if he goes another difficult season in store next year.

Lampard has decent connections now, I'm sure like of Tammy Abraham and Tomori would love to play for him again one day given he was the manager who gave both a proper go at Chelsea but that's a few years off given they're both doing well in Serie A.

Billy Gilmour more realistic but hasn't done much at all for Norwich.

I notice Tariq Lamptey hasn't played much at Brighton in recent times....wouldn't that be a really exciting signing for RWB given the Chelsea link.
Patterson is better than Tariq Lamptey.

Providing we stay up, I would love to see the following revolution take place:

Out:
Mina, Alli, Rondon, Townsend, Kean, Gomes, Gbamin, one of Holgate/Keane, Allan

Out of contract and released:
Sigurdsson, Kenny, Tosun, Delph, Lonergan

That's 13 players out, but only really four who need directly replacing (Allan, Mina, Keane, Delph), and an absolutely monumental saving on wages.

In:
1x explosive winger
1x physical and athletic centre half
1x deep-lying centre midfielder
1x creative central midfielder
1x striker
I'd keep Townsend . Great professional

Status
Not open for further replies.