Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana Doucoure could be a first choice midfield pairing in the 523 formation with both being able to get up and down. Gueye as experienced cover and to start whilst Onana gets bedded in.

Might work as I can’t see either being particularly good enough on the ball to play in a three but if the full backs and wide players are creating then maybe having two powerful runners in midfield might work.

We’ve certainly lacked pace and power in there for a long time. Whenever Doucoure is missing you can drive a coach through our midfield.

I see a problem with the three up top mate.

I see a problem with the three up top mate.

I’m wondering if we might move away from the direct wide running of Gordon and Richarlison on the wings last season.

McNeill seemed to be coming infield more, Dele can do the same from the opposite flank. We might see one or both wide players look to create from a narrower position rather than throw crosses in especially with DCL missing.

GK: Pickford / Begovic
RB: Patterson / Coleman
LB: Mykolenko / Vinagre
CB: Tarkowski / Mina / Godfrey / Keane / Holgate
DM: Gana / Onana
CM: Doucoure / Allan / Davies / Gomes
AM: Dele / Iwobi
RW: McNeil / Townsend*
LW: Gordon / Gray
CF: DCL / Rondon

Squad will be looking a lot healthier if we get Gana and Onana in.

Any of Allan, Davies, Gomes would be surplus to requirements, preferably with one of the latter 2 being sold.

Leaves our remaining weak points as adequate back up for DCL (fingers crossed for Broja) and RW with Townsend crocked, though given all our wingers are comfortable on either side and the likes of Dele and Iwobi can also play there. RB could well still be a weak point of Patterson struggles and / or Coleman completely falls off a cliff.

I’m wondering if we might move away from the direct wide running of Gordon and Richarlison on the wings last season.

McNeill seemed to be coming infield more, Dele can do the same from the opposite flank. We might see one or both wide players look to create from a narrower position rather than throw crosses in especially with DCL missing.
I think this is the way we are starting to shape up, the 343 we've been playing is really 3421 with the 2 almost more like wide AMs than outright wingers and the width from the WBs. It also means the 2 are able to help out the midfield a bit more out of possession to avoid getting swamped.

I meant with a big DCL hole mate! ;)

I see where your coming from mate. It would require one of Gordon, McNeill or Dele droppping very deep into the engine room as with Doucoure and Onana they are both huge men, super athletes, that would power through, but aren’t creating anything prnetrive from a passing point of view, both have very similar styles and attributes. Very tough to break down and athelthes going forward.

Im begging to think we mightsee a 4-3-3, with Onana, Idrissa and the Duke in the engine room.

GK: Pickford / Begovic
RB: Patterson / Coleman
LB: Mykolenko / Vinagre
CB: Tarkowski / Mina / Godfrey / Keane / Holgate
DM: Gana / Onana
CM: Doucoure / Allan / Davies / Gomes
AM: Dele / Iwobi
RW: McNeil / Townsend*
LW: Gordon / Gray
CF: DCL / Rondon
Think this squad, especially with the seeming harmony and good feeling around it should be doing much better this season. I still think adding a forward that can play all across the line is a must, although I wouldn’t complain about an out and out striker coming in.

I still think Cornet is probably the obvious and realistic one we’ll be in for, get him in and if we can find any takers at all for Gbamin, Gomes add in Davies too if we were able to get Gilmour on loan. I’d love if Mina were able to get over his injury issues, think him and Tarkowski would have a great partnership and we’d be able to safely offer him a new deal and ship out either Keane or Holgate too but I imagine that’d be a January deal at the earliest.

Honestly think with a competent midfield this team absolutely transforms. Look at what Delph did in his brief spells last year and he’s a crap knobhead. Gana alone would probably make a big difference and would probably do well with either Allan or Doucoure depending on the game, this Onana lad could add a whole different element entirely.

I mentioned the harmony because it really does matter, Benitez was a negative influence on every aspect of the club, Lampard seems the total opposite. Looking at the rest of the league the likes of Arteta and Howe are examples on their own on how a positive influence from the manager can improve on even poor players, we’ve seen it already with Iwobi. I think a full season with him and some younger players like we’ve been seeing could lead to a good season for us both on the pitch and off it.

Looking at Sesko too.
sisqo-during-the-42nd-annual-grammy-awards-at-staples-center-in-los-picture-id105440970

West Ham agree £35mil fee with Lille

Player rumoured to prefer Everton move

West Ham fans...

"Its because we arent sure on him and if we really wanted him he'd come to us. Everton arent a bigger club or anything"

Arent sure on him yet agreed a sizeable fee for the player lol

Looking at his age, potential and physicality this could be a really interesting deal for us

Status
Not open for further replies.