Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't really heard of him until someone mentioned him about a month or 2 ago!
Every time i see Torino are on i tune in now to give him a look!
Absolutely superb against Milan at the weekend, a proper warrior!

Would be very surprised if bigger clubs weren't courting him! Think he suits Serie A perfect and wouldn't go wrong in going to a Napoli/Milan, someone like that!

Hes a bit like Koulibaly and the other similarity is that he looked like an inconsistent / dodgy player when he first joined Torino about 3 years ago -- as Koulibaly did when he joined Napoli.

We were linked with Bremer 2 years ago for £10mil. I reckon £30-40mil would do it thesedays.

Him and Godfrey would be a good pairing.

Hes a bit like Koulibaly and the other similarity is that he looked like an inconsistent / dodgy player when he first joined Torino about 3 years ago -- as Koulibaly did when he joined Napoli.

We were linked with Bremer 2 years ago for £10mil. I reckon £30-40mil would do it thesedays.

Think we may have missed the boat sadly. This CB from Mainz with a year left. Niakhate? Talk of him being available for about 10mil, don’t know much about him. But looks a strong player 6”3, left footed, so you’d think he couid suit the premier league

Think we may have missed the boat sadly. This CB from Mainz with a year left. Niakhate? Talk of him being available for about 10mil, don’t know much about him. But looks a strong player 6”3, left footed, so you’d think he couid suit the premier league

He was highly rated for the past couple of seasons...

The one I think may be a prudent move is Zabarnyi at Kyiv. Old team mate of Mykolenko and very high potential.

Could be a deal to be done.

Very much doubt we will be forking that amount out for a centre half this summer mate!

Looks like he'd be better off following his Dad into Rugby League, tbh.

If he's in the team next season and we're in the PL it'll mean that we dont have the cash to sort the defence out.
Well let’s see what happens then. Bet you a snickers he turns out a good player

Yes but again I’m not sure it’s a simple now as what city did. Will be interesting if they sell ASM. Been a few rumours in the press lately
It could be the best way to up the amount they spend (as when you sell a player the whole fee goes onto the books, but when you buy a player it spreads over there contract length)
Thats if i got that right anyway.
E.g...sell a player for 50 million = 50 million goes on your books
Buy 5 players at 50 million each = 50 million goes on your books (but it also goes on your books for the follwoing 4 years)

With our finances being in a bit of a pickle, where can we expect to get the money to finance these new signings. I get there are quite a few leaving which frees up the wages but the actual fees (Player/Agent/Signing On) needs to come from somewhere.

Can we actually afford new players? Crystal Palace wiped the slate clean quite well it has to be said and refreshed their squad. Is this the model we need to be looking at?

With our finances being in a bit of a pickle, where can we expect to get the money to finance these new signings. I get there are quite a few leaving which frees up the wages but the actual fees (Player/Agent/Signing On) needs to come from somewhere.

Can we actually afford new players? Crystal Palace wiped the slate clean quite well it has to be said and refreshed their squad. Is this the model we need to be looking at?
There are plenty of good free transfers/OOC that we should be looking at this summer. Along with a couple of decent loans I don't see that we need to look at any 'Transfer fee' based players, I doubt we will have the cash and so will need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Very much doubt we will be forking that amount out for a centre half this summer mate!
It really depends on what we bring in. You could spend 10mil on a 28/29 yr old who wants a good wage, yet would probably work out cheaper spending 25mil on a young player.

If we sell a lot of players and raise over 150, which wouldn’t take much to achieve. We couid spend 100mil easily, but on the books it may look like 30/40mil

It could be the best way to up the amount they spend (as when you sell a player the whole fee goes onto the books, but when you buy a player it spreads over there contract length)
Thats if i got that right anyway.
E.g...sell a player for 50 million = 50 million goes on your books
Buy 5 players at 50 million each = 50 million goes on your books (but it also goes on your books for the follwoing 4 years)
I know

Yet you think we won’t be spending much money this summer, when you’ve just explained how it’s possible

There are plenty of good free transfers/OOC that we should be looking at this summer. Along with a couple of decent loans I don't see that we need to look at any 'Transfer fee' based players, I doubt we will have the cash and so will need to cut our cloth accordingly.
I find it mad how many fans don’t understand how transfers work. No disrespect.

But just by shifting one of Richarlison/DCL the OOC players. Moise kean deal a year early. Mina and allan. You’re taking about 110mil at least in fees and 30mil in wages.

We go and buy a 30mil CB, CM and a striker. You’re talking 20/25mil in fees and 10mil I’m wages

To the best of my knowledge Niakhate is the only player i've ever randomly advocated signing on here. I watched a fair bit of Mainz a few years ago and he looked really impressive, much more so than Gbamin who was there at the time. I haven't been over there since the first lockdown but I believe he's stepped up a level since then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.