Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, for Ncastle, it wasnt bad business at all ;)
If they're actually allowed to spend infinite amounts there isn't really a business side of it. They just do what they want. It's like how people say Grealish was a bad signing. It actually doesn't matter.

I dont see what he offers beyond pace and a big frame.

I mean, he's not a football player really is he?
I don’t know, what I have seen from playing various positions is he could possibly come out from the back with tha ball. I think there is a player In there just needs right coaching and player besides him

If they're actually allowed to spend infinite amounts there isn't really a business side of it. They just do what they want. It's like how people say Grealish was a bad signing. It actually doesn't matter.

From what I can make of it, Newcastle can spend about £200m this summer if they choose to but they could spend even more when you factor in the infamous amortisation.

Newcastle fans should be thanking Mike Ashley as his tight nature means that the Saudis came in with more leeway than could be expected at most clubs

I don’t know, what I have seen from playing various positions is he could possibly come out from the back with tha ball. I think there is a player In there just needs right coaching and player besides him

Looks like he'd be better off following his Dad into Rugby League, tbh.

If he's in the team next season and we're in the PL it'll mean that we dont have the cash to sort the defence out.

Hoping Unsworth leaving is just the start of Thelwell’s overhaul. He needs to be left alone without interference from Kenwright and Moshiri. The lurching from one manager another, all with different playing styles and ideas has led us to this mess. Leeds sacked Bielsa but already had his successor lined up, who plays a similar style of football. Everton need this approach.
Thelwell needs to have players lined up who play the style and system he and Lampard want the club to play. He then needs a shortlist of managers ready to approach or appoint who favour that system when the day comes that Lampard leaves.
Everton always seem surprised when a transfer window arrives, as if it is announced with 3 minutes notice. Same as when they sack a manager, there’s no plan so they all brick it and pluck random names out of the air and the one who shouts loudest gets to appoint the manager.

Hoping Unsworth leaving is just the start of Thelwell’s overhaul. He needs to be left alone without interference from Kenwright and Moshiri. The lurching from one manager another, all with different playing styles and ideas has led us to this mess. Leeds sacked Bielsa but already had his successor lined up, who plays a similar style of football. Everton need this approach.
Thelwell needs to have players lined up who play the style and system he and Lampard want the club to play. He then needs a shortlist of managers ready to approach or appoint who favour that system when the day comes that Lampard leaves.
Everton always seem surprised when a transfer window arrives, as if it is announced with 3 minutes notice. Same as when they sack a manager, there’s no plan so they all brick it and pluck random names out of the air and the one who shouts loudest gets to appoint the manager.

The decision to sack Lamaprd (whenever that comes) and appoint his successor will be made by Moshiri.

That much we know. If Brands was by-passed - who had industry profile - then some mush called Thelwell isn't going to be calling the shots to this back seat driving owner.

The only way that situation changes is if he's driven out of the club.

The decision to sack Lamaprd (whenever that comes) and appoint his successor will be made by Moshiri.

That much we know. If Brands was by-passed - who had industry profile - then some mush called Thelwell isn't going to be calling the shots to this back steat driving owner.

The only way that situation changes is if he's driven out of the club.

FWIW Dan Ashworth (the one who everyone seems to agree was the best DOF in the country) admitted that he didn't make the decisions about hiring and firing managers and that it was the Brighton owner who did that. Surprised me, but it seems that the whole concept of a DOF making the decisions about managers isn't as cut and dried as I would have thought in plenty of clubs who function well with a DOF model.

My hope is that Moshiri, if he stays, has people like Cahill etc around him advising him going forward and that there are influences around him which curb the more mental of his choices.

FWIW Dan Ashworth (the one who everyone seems to agree was the best DOF in the country) admitted that he didn't make the decisions about hiring and firing managers and that it was the Brighton owner who did that. Surprised me, but it seems that the whole concept of a DOF making the decisions about managers isn't as cut and dried as I would have thought in plenty of clubs who function well with a DOF model.

My hope is that Moshiri, if he stays, has people like Cahill etc around him advising him going forward and that there are influences around him which curb the more mental of his choices.
It's probably an English game thing. Club owners on the continent seem to trust a hired industry professional to get it right; the ones here seem to think they get to run their own train set.

From what I can make of it, Newcastle can spend about £200m this summer if they choose to but they could spend even more when you factor in the infamous amortisation.

Newcastle fans should be thanking Mike Ashley as his tight nature means that the Saudis came in with more leeway than could be expected at most clubs
I haven’t read about this for a while, so maybe it’s not a rule anymore but I remember that first summer under Moshiri. TheEsk and john Blain talked about your wage bIll can only increase by 7mil a season. And you can only grow that figure. By profit on sales, gate receipts and sponsorship. And for us to sign better players on bigger wages we would have to sell. And we sold John stones that first summer.

Newcastle can and probably will spend a lot, but the rules will mean it’s a lot harder to get up the league straight away. Hopefully they come knocking on our door

If it’s Moshiri who makes the decision to fire a manager then he needs to trust Thelwell to appoint the successor, or at the very least he picks from a list that Thelwell has identified. Lampard is working with players signed by some managers who wanted to play direct, some who wanted to play on the counter, some who wanted to press and some who didn’t. There needs to be a greater consistency in approach and then this needs to be fed through the youth set up.

Id bring in Bremer from Torino.

Godfrey was also motm imo against United. Definitely needs a partner.
Hadn't really heard of him until someone mentioned him about a month or 2 ago!
Every time i see Torino are on i tune in now to give him a look!
Absolutely superb against Milan at the weekend, a proper warrior!

Would be very surprised if bigger clubs weren't courting him! Think he suits Serie A perfect and wouldn't go wrong in going to a Napoli/Milan, someone like that!

I haven’t read about this for a while, so maybe it’s not a rule anymore but I remember that first summer under Moshiri. TheEsk and john Blain talked about your wage bIll can only increase by 7mil a season. And you can only grow that figure. By profit on sales, gate receipts and sponsorship. And for us to sign better players on bigger wages we would have to sell. And we sold John stones that first summer.

Newcastle can and probably will spend a lot, but the rules will mean it’s a lot harder to get up the league straight away. Hopefully they come knocking on our door

Sponsorship, sponsorship,sponsorship!

That rule was scraped a few years back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.