Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis played 11 games at CF last season
Richarlison played 19

Dennis played 14 games Wide Left
Richarlison played 6

Wow youve watched a lot of Watford games.

Zat shall I give you ?for buying kids thinking they are all Messi?

You want to finger me for buying kids?

Something sounds very accusatory here...

Scored 5 in 15 as CF for Watford. Scored 5 in 20 as a winger for them. (So mostly not as a CF).

In a team that won 6 games all season and spent most of their time under the cosh.

Like I say, have you looked at his heat maps for the season?

Im not sure where you have these figures from.

For example "winger" do you actually mean winger or when he played in a kamikaze front 3 off the centre forward?

Centre forward, left forward and a little less at right forward is what ive got him down as and he was successful in their kamimaze system.

Im not sure why youre asking me about heat maps...i covered that with Richarlison.

Its like asking if ive seen Maxwell Cornets heat map lol

@MikelsGoat and @Marius57 you two have different figures for this donkey.

Hows his technique? Record outside of 2.5 months....previous coach opinions of him...international performances?

For example "winger" do you actually mean winger or when he played in a kamikaze front 3 off the centre forward?

Centre forward, left forward and a little less at right forward is what ive got him down as and he was successful in their kamimaze system.

Im not sure why youre asking me about heat maps...i covered that with Richarlison.

I dont need to watch Watford Zat, theres a website, its called Whoscored.

Completely agree. Thewell and Lampard might do some amazing things for us, but to me there’s nothing either have done that show they have the credibility to navigate the elite of football management.

It’s not like Chelsea going after the ex-Liverpool director Michael Edwards - someone proven to transform the football operation to be ruthless and effective at all levels.

I’m not saying we could attract that level, but even Brands had a track record. It didn’t work for him here but we won’t ever know if it was him, or the board who caused the failures.

It wouldn’t take long for Peter Kenyon to see right through our set up if the sale completes.

I expect a complete overhaul to be honest - the review that we were told has been happening, but one that includes the board being reviewed too.
All of that - plus, for me, the key question is who do we have that can spot talent?

Isn't that pretty much the most important role for us at the moment, working on a shoestring as we are?

Figures taken from transfermarkt, backed up by whoscored.

I'm asking about heat maps because you have made the point that Dennis played more often as a CF (not the case), and that it's not comparable to when richie had a 6 month spell with no goals because he played out left and more defensively and his heat maps showed that.

If you can use Richies heat maps to prove that point, why can't you use Dennis' heat maps to prove that you are right and that he played CF and didn't do any defending etc in a team that spent all season defending.

I dont need to watch Watford Zat, theres a website, its called Whoscored.

I clicked send before finishing my post :eek:

Edited it...you and Marius have different figures.

For Richarlison it was interesting to see his heatmaps and stats when he was at watford...as hed gone quiet from looking amazing.

Made sense.

Im amazed were even discussing this player...you have more skill than him

The bloke is proper Niasse...disappointed in @Marius57 here.

Surely we cant be in for him.

Richarlison to this absolute coach seat.

For Richarlison it was interesting to see his heatmaps and stats when he was at watford...as hed gone quiet from looking amazing.

Made sense.

Different figures because whoscored has 5 appearances down as "sub" and not the actual position he then played as (4 of which were as a CF) They match up though.

Being honest if Dennis has a choice of us or West Ham he will choose West Ham. Won't have to move and they have a far better aquad than us.

Made sense.

If we want an "affordable" Premier League "proven" attacking player, hes at the head of the list.

I think he has terrible technique and hes had 1 good month in his whole career.

BUT, hes 24 and did I mention affordable.

Beggars, cant be choosers.

Figures taken from transfermarkt, backed up by whoscored.

I'm asking about heat maps because you have made the point that Dennis played more often as a CF (not the case), and that it's not comparable to when richie had a 6 month spell with no goals because he played out left and more defensively and his heat maps showed that.

If you can use Richies heat maps to prove that point, why can't you use Dennis' heat maps to prove that you are right and that he played CF and didn't do any defending etc in a team that spent all season defending.

Youve literally posted different figures to Goat who claims to have used whoscored lol

Hes played up top more than anywhere else...why do we know this?

Because the more promising player in Joao Pedro (who also didnt show much last season) was moved inside because of Dennis' position changing...then back inside during games as they alternated.

Joao Pedro got Motm in a game where he played as a false 9 with Dennis as LF who then took up poaitions ahead of JP.

Kinell ive just looked at whoscored

Where does it say he played most games?

Centre forward.

2nd most games = Left forward (switching with Joao Pedro for example) in a 3.

I mean i know Richarlison played as practically a second left back because of all the data back then at Watford.

Burst onto the scene and looked class then seemed to go off the boil...so all the evidence was shown as people were surprised.

Why on Earth would i be looking at heatmaps and data for Dennis who has never looked anywhere close to Richarlisons ability for Watford?

Christ hes had 2.5months in a career...hes a £3mil level player.

and didn't do any defending etc in a team that spent all season defending.

This is just plain bizarre. It wasnt the alamo.

If we want an "affordable" Premier League "proven" attacking player, hes at the head of the list.

I was more generous...he was decent 2.5 months.

£20mil is alot of money for that....yes to his technique...Niasse levels.

Hes also not "proven" at his age and career and where he played.

If we sign him, then id want to know whose decision that was...thats how angry id be.

Proper Michael Douglas in falling down.

This. I'm not overly arsed by him, just fed up seeing the hypocrisy of people complaining that he didn't score after January so it's a waste, when on that basis of not scoring, richie was the same. And then you get richies heat maps etc thrown in but noone willing to do the same level of research into this player because they have watched Watford as much as they have everton apparently.

For 3m, getting 10 goals and 6 assists is a quality return. We would be happy with that return for 20ml.

I'd love us to find the player when they cost 3m, but we don't do that.

This. I'm not overly arsed by him, just fed up seeing the hypocrisy of people complaining that he didn't score after January so it's a waste, when on that basis of not scoring, richie was the same. And then you get richies heat maps etc thrown in but noone willing to do the same level of research into this player because they have watched Watford as much as they have everton apparently.

For 3m, getting 10 goals and 6 assists is a quality return. We would be happy with that return for 20ml.

I'd love us to find the player when they cost 3m, but we don't do that.
Indeed, I mean im really, really, really not using this as a stick to beat Gordon, but he scored 4 goals and 2 assists and people are turning their noses up at 40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.