Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like all the rs media thought, "what's the maddest way of winding those bluenose up this summer" and they landed on linking us to any Tottenham player that isn't Kane, Son, or Kulsevski.

Rodon is decent. Never really given a chance at ours. Not sure why.

I read the same in this very forum and someone said hes a fan of "nightlife".

It will be in the vaults somewhere.

Otherwise i think he was highly rated.

The problem is that he'd never actually play for City because he can't pass to teammates. Pep would have him in one training session and never consider him. So it makes it sort of hard to be better.

City signed Grealish knowing Haaland was coming I think.

City spent £100mil on Grealish because Haaland was coming.

ok mate lol
To be fair Zat, you want us to spend 40m on Connor Gallagher, a player who scored 2 goals after 1st Jan.

One is a 22 year old box to box midfield press machine who plays for England.

The others are centre forwards people think played on the wing.

You not like Gallagher? Think hed be a fan favourite...

Given our position, we are not going to be in for top 6 level talent, we are talking about a back up striker for when dom is out, not even a starter, either of these would be fine for that. Again, given our position. If we were in the champions league or something then we might be able to attract a better class of player.

as i also said which of the top 6 buys them off us in a year or two? None.

Pretty sure richarlison didn't score any from early December until the end of the season when we signed him.

You can find the reasons for this in the vaults...namely that he was being played practically at left back...not centre forward as these other two were.

He also had some great defensive stats with a heat map behind the halfway line.

If you watch Cornet hes incredibly erratic and selfish...Dennis just looks Niasse.

Its like walking into a brass house at 10pm

All the good ones are taken and then you will have 3 or 4 rotters to choose from

Efc is the punter
Spurs the brass house

As a Spurs fan not sure what to say to you guys. I mean Richarlison is a mean piece of business for us if it happens but you seem linked with half our squad. My own view.

Doherty - really did well for us last season under Conte, would be odd selling him considering he has adapted to Conte now so well.

Rodon - solid CB, good in the air but a bit of a slow player.

Bergwijn - quick, strong, passes well but bit hit or miss in front of goal. Good player overall.

Lucas - wild man, 9 out of 10 one game then 3 out of 10 the next.

Winks - was decentish under Poch, nice passer but not great defensively, works hard but not that strong and thus not suited for a team that doesn’t play a certain style.

In short don’t think Doherty is a goer but Rodon and Berg would do well for you, Lucas is a wild option and Winks would be useful only if you played a certain way.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.