He's got skill
He's talented
He's still a good player
He supports Everton
It's another player we have signed
He will be very useful for marketing
He will make our club more popular
Yes, I think he is a good signing

ahhh its a shame really... his legs are ancient, and you can say his vision is what makes him great, but you need legs to even supply that vision for 90 mins. Everyone forgets Wayne has been playing in the prem for 15 odd years. Most 31 year olds in the prem have spent 5-10 years at such a high physical level, and their legs are going... Williams, Jags etc. 15 Years of quality performances have taken their toll, and I think hes going to really embarrass himself in a blue shirt. I hope he proves me wrong, but it would be such a shame if thats how it plays out.
pretty much this, shame he wasnt 4 years younger.

I was neither massively for not against this signing, I thought it would be a no brainer if the price is right and wages were acceptable which I think both issues are.

What a great opportunity Wayne now has over the next 2/3 years to hopefully put in some match winning performances not only for his kids who must be absolutely buzzing with their dad playkng for Everton, but hopefully for a lot of us who might now get the chance to put to bed the kick in the sack that it was when he left us.

I hope he does absolutely amazing for us I really do.

A bizarre feeling but I feel very emotional that he has returned, probably becsuse when he left that's the most gutted I've ever felt as an Evertonian.

I know what you mean, especially when he kissed their badge, didn't want him back after that and can understand why some didn't want this.
Although there'll always be a sense of what might've been, he seems fit and genuinely happy to have signed for us.
So, like you, the emotions were a bit weird, happy but sad and then happy again.
He plays for Everton and that's the team we support , that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.