Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may well be played up top with Sandro some games and as a playmaker in other games. I think Wayne is still a very good player with a great football brain, but, as I have said before he needs to play every week to keep his fitness and sharpness, I'm just not sure he will play every week here. We'll just have to wait and see.

Still can't help being made up with this signing though and I hope Wayne has an Indian summer in the twilight of his career. Welcome home lad and good luck.

He will. Maybe not in Europe but I'm pretty sure he'll be first name on the team sheet.

Happy to have him back. But for two things -- Bill and Co.'s ineptitude putting the club's back against the financial wall and him taking on that snake Stretford as his agent -- he might not have left in the first place.
That was Peter Johnson not Kenwright, and Philip Carter was chairman of Everton when he left, Kenwright had bought Johnson out by the time Wayne went but because of the mess the club was already in keeping him wasnt really an option, such a shame

Absolutely buzzing at seeing him sign. This will be proven to be a very good transfer, an experienced winner, professional and someone that loves the club. His excitement is clear and that will spread throughout the squad at training.

With all due respect to Jags, I hope he gets the captains armband. His winner(s) against the RS this season will soon shush the dessenters.

Welcome home WAZZA

I was a bit ambivalent about his 'coming home', but now it's confirmed, the old romantic in me is quite happy.
Looking forward to season's start!

Having read some of the negative tripe posted by supporters of other clubs on social media, never has the phrase "Those who understand need no explanation, those that don't understand, don't matter", made more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.