Everton reply to Times investigation and it's two no's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry73

Player Valuation: £750k
Hi all, I'm an occasional poster but just reading today's Times and I'm concerned we have not replied to their two core questions - have we paid anyone off or got players to sign non disclosure agreements for potential sexual assault cases. As someone who's worked in PR for 20 years, you would have an answer ready for this. Admittedly we are one of 7 clubs inc. MU but the scum, Spurs, City, WH have all strongly said no. We've not replied. Just wondered your thoughts - as fans we should know.

Hi all, I'm an occasional poster but just reading today's Times and I'm concerned we have not replied to their two core questions - have we paid anyone off or got players to sign non disclosure agreements for potential sexual assault cases. As someone who's worked in PR for 20 years, you would have an answer ready for this. Admittedly we are one of 7 clubs inc. MU but the scum, Spurs, City, WH have all strongly said no. We've not replied. Just wondered your thoughts - as fans we should know.
silence often speaks louder than words

Ha ha, no definitely not. Been on the other side too long for that. It's published in The Times this morning. Just find it concerning, albeit they will have called EFC at 5pm last night. But we should have had a response ready and know.

Ha ha, no definitely not. Been on the other side too long for that. It's published in The Times this morning. Just find it concerning, albeit they will have called EFC at 5pm last night. But we should have had a response ready and know.

Mate with your background in PR and being an Everton supporter you should know how appalling our communications strategy and delivery are. The idea that they will have thought of having something prepared, well yes they should have, but this is Everton.

Not wishing to be cynical but for all the good things we do, comms is not one of them.

Doesn't mean a thing. Could be lots of reasons why we haven't replied. I hope it is that, as there is a proper investigation being carried out we would prefer to deal with them than the press.
We all know what a straight up and down bunch the British press are.

Doesn't mean a thing. Could be lots of reasons why we haven't replied. I hope it is that, as there is a proper investigation being carried out we would prefer to deal with them than the press.
We all know what a straight up and down bunch the British press are.
Agreed it doesn't mean anything but at the very least it's poor practice at a time when teams are being looked at. I know our Comms arnt great but this is simple stuff.

Agreed it doesn't mean anything but at the very least it's poor practice at a time when teams are being looked at. I know our Comms arnt great but this is simple stuff.

Why participate in what will become a feeding frenzy by the gutter press. They are not the the important ones here. The club should make a statement soon in regard to this, not answer to a paper, no matter how "respectable".

Hmm OK

How would the PR know what happened at the club over the last 30 years.

On occasion I completely agree but in this case, what's better no reply and leave your name in the picture or just reply, as other clubs have, no and no. Some saying categorically. This investigation is not going away and the less clubs to focus on, the more interested media and the public become. Remember without the papers, no one would know about Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.