Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, we could offer him a 6 year deal. Sack him pay his compo and still have some change when we get Silva for nothing in the summer.

Don’t worry about the contract.

Embarrassing turnaround from the club to go back cap in hand, but what you can say is allardyce won't accept those defenders come January, and that is not a problem

We have already sacked 2 managers part way through deals, what's another to add to the list. Only when the right bloke becomes available though.
Exactly that is it. We shouldn't wait for it to go pear shaped.

Let Big Sam get us up the table and then start looking and pull the plug when we are ready this time.

At the end of the day, we could offer him a 6 year deal. Sack him pay his compo and still have some change when we get Silva for nothing in the summer.

Don’t worry about the contract.

And what of the alehouse players he's brought in on long contracts, the actual footballing players he's sidelined and the youth players he's alienated. I hope calm heads prevail at the club because I can't see much in the fanbase.

Krudds, as a Martinezophile, where do we go from here? Surely this must be an affront to everything about football you hold dear?
I'm very much about good football, trusting in youth and accepting the mistakes / teething problems that go with such an approach.
But it's horses for courses. Unfortunately, the sacking of Martinez and the appointment of Koeman was a poor decision because Moshiri valued reputation over actual coaching ability.
Now we are left with a squad which is completely devoid of identity.
If Sam is given a deal until the end of the season and a remit to effectively take us back to where Moyes left us then I don't think we can grumble.
The problem then however is, where do you go from there?
Because if the answer is Silva then we will basically have done a huge merry-go-round to get back to where we were at the moment Moyes left. And we will have chosen the same path again in acquiring a manager who gets the ball down and tries to play good football. Now what will Moshiri do? Give the funds necessary or instead judge the man on his ability to get decent league standings from a squad past its sell by date.
We've been here before.
When we sacked Martinez it should have been Marco Silva. Or Tuchel. Someone of similar ethos but with a touch more pragmatism. Or we should have given Martinez the 150m to go out and get 2 top CBs like he had at his disposal in season 1.
We need a continuity plan. As a business man, that should be essential to Moshiri.

But he doesn't have to take a 6 month deal now. He knows we are desperate, he'll ask for 3+ and get 3+ years

and if at the end of the year we stay up, we can sack him off and pay him up. 6m x 3 £18m to go.

better than losing 100+ million if we were to go down.

hypothetical I know, but big teams, such as villa and leeds have disappeared thinking it will never happen to them. well it did, and they are now suffering the consequeces

And what of the alehouse players he's brought in on long contracts, the actual footballing players he's sidelined and the youth players he's alienated. I hope calm heads prevail at the club because I can't see much in the fanbase.
I’d rather alehouse players than what we have at the moment, atleast they would have some fight about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.