Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real reason we rejected Barca's offer was because we are holding out for that inevitable Sheffield United bid. Waiting for the big fish to finally get involved

No, either i’ve not been clear enough or you’ve misunderstood, but I don’t think that.

I don’t think anyone would be prepared to pay £100m for him. At best, they would pay £80-90m for him.

I don’t think the club would actively be interested in selling the player at that price, so unless Rico wanted to go and was agitating to do so (which he will eventually) then he’ll stay.

All of this points to him staying, for this summer at least. As I said, £100m this summer gets you Jadon Sancho. Richarlison isn’t at that level, isn’t playing CL Football and he’s 3 years older.

You quite literally just said "If Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG came in for him, he’d go for the figure quoted in these reports, around £80m"

I think it is generally accepted there was no bid, maybe there was an enquiry. We have a good relationship in recent years with Barca and Richarlison is undoubtedly a player they are watching … as are all the big clubs.
Barca have probably registered their interest for the future should any other club try to buy him.

If sold, I would expect that his price would be in the 90plus million by now.
Only 22, a full Brazilian international and a player constantly improving and impressing in probably the most competitive league in the world... certainly the richest.

You quite literally just said "If Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG came in for him, he’d go for the figure quoted in these reports, around £80m"

IF the player was agitating to leave. Yes. That’s the figure I reckon Everton would do business with those clubs for that player in that circumstance.

I don’t believe any of those clubs are interested in actively pursuing a deal for Richarlison this summer, given the availablity of other, better players for much less than £100m.

Fake this, allows the club to look strong like 'We don't sell our best players to anyone'. Real interest will come though and he will go in the next couple of years so be sure to enjoy him whilst he's here! Just hope it's not to a PL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.